Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What does Fall mean to you?

I know us California birds have a hard time jumping into the season when our temps are reaching 85 degrees....while every store is stuffed to the brim with all harvest and fall goodies...I am getting excited for all things Fall.  I just am.

I do love pumpkins and the look of leaves falling from the trees.  I don't know if it's the miracle of this process or more the beauty of it.  After all, I don't have a huge maple tree like my neighbor who works all September and October clearing them.  It sure is pretty for me while I pull in.  I love all scents that remotely remind me of the cool temps, pumpkin pies and cinnamon.  Not to mention "Pumpkin Spice" that arrived in Starbucks today.  Can I get a holla back yo?

Some of my favorite moments are catching a sunset near the lake.....

Or near the ocean.  Each one of these are spectacular in October and November.  They. Just. Are. My tip to you folks that "don't care for the beach, because of the sand...or the mess"  go there.   Try it.  Bundle up.  Walk a pier. Park by the curbside.  Catch a sunset.  Reflect.  Pray.  Cry.  Sing.  But catch a sunset.  It's good for you.  Vitamin S.  ha!  Well, we've landed on humpday.  Have a good week sillies.  Work hard, to play harder.  Drink good coffee, smile often and remember those that can't...or struggle with it.  They need your smiles.  That's fo sho.  



No comments: