Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Unreal Strength.

They say, "You never know how strong you are, until you have to walk through a storm"-

 A peek back to July 2015, when he started to "feel it". 

Under the weather feelings, and complaining begins....

Coming to work, explaining to us how bad he was feeling. 

Yet, he'd play all weekend on boats, fighting the feeling....believing it was maybe a virus...



 Well, we all did.  This picture is him next to my desk. On his birthday. Lymph-nodes swollen.  Open wound on  his bottom.  Falling asleep at his desk, and often on this bear.  Look at Bucks giving him love...


 We'd admit two days later.  With Platelets at 48.  Within hours, dropping to 18. 
 They'd take him in surgery to confirm one node was what they believed it to be. 

Acute Lymphoid Leukemia

He'd stay there for 3 weeks.  

First rounds of chemo would begin.

And talks of many more...




He'd battle through for months.  To and from.  Chemo rounds for a week at a time.  Coming home sicker for at least two.  


To finally land.....at The City Of Hope....with a chance to fight on through for life.


February 4th 2016  

It amazes me to look through pictures.  For me, it's been gradual. 

The HOPE was there.  It's still here.  It's surreal to look back at what he's been through.

This Leukemia woke me up. 

Today's breakfast....Egg-n-a-basket and bacon....

and shortly after........ these...

That is 14 pills.  We've eliminated 1.  One steroid. 

Silver linings baby....silver linings...

This New Year I'm not in quest for sparkly shiny new things. 
Or as some people talk about resolutions and words for the year, but I just want the new mercies.
Maybe I am asking for a new start.  A reset, if you will.  To live gracefully grateful.  For life.
For friends.  And for family. For the word "Simple" I preach so much about.  Maybe I should set the tone, and example.  To live just as that.  Simple.  And at PEACE.  With whatever we are handed.  Good and bad.  There is a plan in place.  Prayers, and lots of love will keep us strong to get through. 
It always has....

Well, maybe not prayer. Because I learned real quick just how far I was from Faith.  
But I have had strength.  And for that.....
For that.......I will get through.  


Happy Wednesday kids....

BE GRATEFUL-  

For today.  And a healthy life...

This Mama Lisa

No comments: