Monday, February 22, 2016

Reality.




Happy Monday lovers....

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Talk about perfect weather.  I managed to get some long walks in.  Praying as I walked, and movement for my muscles and mind.  Planted flowers and rinsed things down, my way.  Which is always my favorite way.  Buying a new hose, is what I call "the little things in life" that makes me happy.  

Sunshine.  New hose-lol. Flowers. Replanting succulents. In with my lover at night.  Serving my birdies during the day.  Kris would come over on Sunday morning joining Kali and I.  
The three of us, chatting, talking and sharing love.  And stories. I instantly could see his quiet weak demeanor.

Here's the thing.  Steroids are outta the game now.  Which is causing a very weak, and ill feeling dude.  
He mentioned it yesterday and yet Bill and I could see it right away.  Quiet.  On the couch, or on the patio. 
Fighting to feel better.  But the reality of a healing body is staring at him in the mirror.  He'd move from patio chair, back to couch.
The side view for his parents, are just the same.  Only thing is, we tend to hover and worry a tad bit more. 
I never knew how much those steroids played in a role in his body.  His spirit.  His appetite. 
All of it. 

He's not hungry.  He's tired.  And he's weak.  He will most always offer a smile. And decline or accept food. 

Yesterday, he accepted.  

But not much.  And when he says a Nathan's Chili Dog sounds good (the way mama makes em) you drop everything you're doing and you go get all the goods.  Even if the Nathans pure Angus dog's were 8.00.
You get em. 

And you steam the buns.  And you shred real cheddar cheese.  And you layer it with onions and pickles just the way your family loves it.  And you serve it to them.  

Hoping he'll eat.  


 So this was a view of our weekend.  In. Peaceful. Vigilant.  And full of love and hope. 

Today he drove himself to COH.  Where we all filter texts' back and forth, making sure he made it. 
Counts okay...virus being tackled.  Platelets in check..My request for a new clean medicine summary.  Questioning one med.  And a mouth wash I'm still curious about....

His reply.  All good Mama.  Can you come home and sort my meds for me? 

Of course.  And so home bound I jammed.  First offering him food.  To which he declined.
"Not really feeling good Mom"-
Okay honey....I'll eat my lunch out here, and lets just chill. (on the porch)
Soon, I'd talk him into half a grilled cheese with pickles....

Sitting next to him I realize that this rollercoaster is still active.  Our passes are still validated.  He's not feeling well, and he's tired and weak.  His body is fighting to learn a new body.  White cells trying to take over and take care of him.  In doing so, without steroids he's wiped out. 

Nothing prayer and hope can't help us take care of.  He's gonna win this challenge. 
We'll eventually get completely off this rollercoaster. 

For now, we pray.  I pray. Every. Single. Day.  Alllll day long.


I hope you all have a great night.   You made it through Monday.  That cold foggy morning. 

And you're alive!  

Count that alone as a blessing.....


HUGS!

This Mama Lisa
 I mean.....can Hannah make this picture any cuter?------


No comments: