Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy One Month!

Well Happy Birthday Kristopher! One month in.

Things we've learned...and I am sure you could add to this list---

Transplants are no joke.

City Of Hope holds a part of our souls. Forever.

Sara Irons is the best nurse in all the land.

Severe vigorous hand washing is the newest coolest thing.

Food is best when seasoned with gusto. Like lemon, or all things spicy. Pickles rock.

Your girlfriend is the strongest beauty.

Poop must be judged. Input and output, with the D word a huge enemy in the game.

Your Mom has never felt so anxious, yet peaceful these last couple of days.

God is good, we just are skeptical people. Especially after this chapter.

Never knew six months could shake us so hard.

You've learned who your true friends are, and who isn't. Me too.

Medicine is most important and yet makes you feel the yuckiest.

We never knew the world of cancer as we do now. It's a rampant asshole.

We never knew how skinny your waist could get.

And that beautiful bald head still reminds me of a two month old Kris, smiling at me.

A good shower with a good wrapped port arm is your jam.

Our time together has been filled with more meaning, and deep conversations.

I hope you find God, or Jesus as you brought up to me the other day. I'm a tad bit confused too, but I just pray. I pray all day and all night and look at where we are.

You love the Mexican candies, and carry one around because the salty ones are the key to your heart, or I mean..taste buds.

You are a strong man. One I've over babied for years and took shit for it, but have never backed down.

You will continue to climb this mountain, and win. You will.

We've heard so many controversial percentages, with more to probably come. And yet, I wish we didn't ask.

You are not one to lay around, but when you've had a bad day, you listen to your body.

You are extremely observant. A trait we both carry.

You have a new birthday of January 13, 2016-- 1/13/16 @ like 6pm

Only this birthday you didn't come into the world crying and shivering that bottom lip.

This time you sat staring at me to get everyone out of your room. Your body was at the lowest I've ever witnessed.

But this is a month. And you have many more years in front of you.

And if you keep the team you have behind you, I think this memory will unfold later as just one hellava ride.

That rollercoaster we didn't want to get on in the first place.  Mama never liked rollercoasters...and so I will try and keep praying and holding massive faith that we won't get back on it.

For now, let's all live. For today. For moments together. Building back even if slowly.

One month in baby, and I see a little tiny rainbow....we just gotta keep walking towards it.

I love you Kristopher. You make me proud. Most especially of your strength. I'm always in awe when your cross over and through all the bullshit. You just do.

Happy Birthday! One month!

Enjoy your weekend, and live life to the fullest!

This Mama Lisa...

Ps- HUGE shoutout to my Auntie Susie and Cousin Mike (who is almost two years and I may be misspoken but so proud...but he's a recovered addict/alcoholic) and they are running together in the LA Marathon tomorrow and that is just some awesome stuff right there! You guys, his transformation is unreal....a true sentiment of GOT AFTER IT and is still getting after it! I love you! We love you!



This Mama is spending a lovers day with my lover. Doing what my soul needs...nothing. Nothing but LOVE...and loving hard!




No comments: