Thursday, February 4, 2016

One Month. Day 22

And....THATS A WRAP!

I arrived here earlier than I planned. I had grand plans to wash Bucks(which I did)- Make enchiladas (which he's craving). Pick up his 19 prescriptions (which his Dad picked up)-
Our nurse (Favorite) was in here. Disconnecting him from this cart he's been attached to for a month.
I was originally told he'd discharge between 12-2pm.
He called me at 9am. "Where ya at Mama"- "They want to talk to you"

"They"... Meaning-Case Manager, Pharmacists, Dietician, Nurse, and both docs.
And as he was pushing them like a coach in a game, it was all I could do but keep up with much gratefulness, lots of "Thank You's"
Smiling, hugging those who care.
Those who've worked so hard to keep him alive.
I will forever be grateful.
I won't miss these 4 white walls. Or the elevator. Another smell I smell.


--Can't blame him for wanting to get out of here.
Can't blame him for wanting to break free and learn to fly again.

I think I'm ready..

I know he is.

City Of Hope, you are a saving gem of HOPE.

Still here, waiting on one more lab result. You know, hospital time baby...hospital time.

Counts :

WBC 7.7
Hgb 13.2
Platelets 161
Cr. 0.71

How about the beauty of this day...you guys......

Sunshine and clear skies...

Guess what team I'm rooting for this Sunday?
KMS.

This Warrior Mama Lisa



2 comments:

lula said...

Super awesome, what a great day for you both.

satyamhairtransplant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.