Thursday, February 18, 2016

Those Friends.

Friends send you pictures that remind them of you. 

The funny thing was just Monday morning while driving to work, I was next to a big white station wagon. 
Trying to snap a picture with my phone of this guy buzzing down the 605 fwy with his right arm slung across the passenger seat, cruising on down the road with the look of pure ease and peace gleaming from his soul.  There's me.  Trying to capture his car. So badly wanting to send it to Donna from my desk when I got there.

Because Donna Crow.  The friend I met in Kindergarten class as Kristopher and Paula were five years old.  And we were the only two mama's that would love to love and help organize that teachers class for parties. Little events.  Wiping hands down, or helping some get settled to sit and listen. Learning more about eachother, building a new friendship as the kids scurried around us on the play yard.

Donna Crow the friend that would later teach me how to make thee best potato soup.  Teaching me that tending to little ones was better than scrubbing a house to shine.  Taking the time to walk down the street to be with each other.  And our kids.  Cooking. Watching them play with guinea pigs, and jump on the trampoline. 
Taking that big white station wagon to the drive in movies. 


Donna Crow that same mama that dropped dinner off for me when Kali was a few weeks old, and yet again, I was on my own.  She rescued me on the hard days. 
Driving back down last month to drop more cookies off.  Sending me an email with the strength and love behind her because I know she knows my grief.
She lives in Frazier Park.  Not too close kids....

Because she's Donna. 

And this picture she sent me....is everything.

All truth. 

For both me, and for her. 

We are WARRIORS!



Can I get an AMEN?!!!


Happy Thursday lovers and warriors!!

Kanya West, is a DOUCHE-BAG.  that's all.  k bye-

This Mama Lisa

No comments: