Saturday, March 29, 2014

When rescues don't leave.

Remember I found this kitty in the front of the shop, in the street-- very hurt?

As in either slightly ran over, or had fallen from a vehicle. 

She was a tiny little thing.  I carried her around in a basket, feedings were from a bottle.
She's a funny little thing.

As in "not the brightest bulb on the tree".

She can't jump real high.  She's petrified to jump from things.

She hops like a rabbit. 

She loves to eat.

She is in fact over weight.

I let her live the little life she likes.

I catch grief from every human that lives with me.

I really don't care.

She's a had rough start, and must obey her older sisters Hannah, the little B word, along with our sweet Abbie.  Who is the Alpha in the house.

With that said, this dude has become her BEST friend.  As in sleeping together, chasing eachother around the house with complete craziness.  I've never witnessed a cat and dog find so much love, and peace together.
In the middle of the night you will find them both scrunched into his bed.  Side by side.  Cuddled up for warmth, safety and I am very sure, love

 

So many times I've looked at her and thought I should have really found a safe good home.  But another part of me says she belonged with us to begin with.  Because of him. 
She's a cool cat.


She rocks their lounger like no other.

So while you wonder around this weekend, trying to find something to do....

Why not visit your local shelter and adopt a cat that is ready to land in your home.

The hardest days with humans, can be erased by the kind, loving cuddles of a rescued animal.
 
Happy Saturday Sugarplums.

Make a good new recipe this weekend....

And remember to spread kindness.

Close the bridges of anger and hurt with those that probably need it more than you may even know.

Cheers!

This Mama Lisa, lover of ALL animals.  

No comments: