Tuesday, April 1, 2014

And just like that. April.


Didn't we talk about the first day of March like minutes ago?
Dang.


Our last weekend was quite the rockin' one.  ha.

Friday night we cuddled around our little fire, bbq'n our favorite little pizza's on the grill.
Sharing this wonderful wine- Letting go of the weeks shizniz and exhaling while we looked at each other with sometimes a smirk, and sometimes a smile.  There is something about sitting on the patio.  In the dark.  Good music and a bbq close by.  Sometimes spoken words are not even necessary. 
Soon enough we'd turn off the fire, close up the barbie, and head in.
Fresh out of the shower, I'd start my evening ritual of bedtime prephood, when all of the sudden....well, we started a rollin'.  And again, if you know this freak, I freak.  Quickly I grabbed my phone, and headed to the patio.  Exclaiming, "Tsunami honey"-  "Come-on"- While I dialed Kali.  Then Kris. Both answered immediately.  Kali says "Mom, that was crazy huh" (She was at Gianni's)-  Kris says "Mom I'm fishing on the base and all the trees are swaying".(Close to us)  After all settled down, I tried to get cozy, but really had a hard time with everyone in all directions.

A simple reminder to plan ahead. For those that live in the Earthquake zone, plan ahead.  Some suffered clogged phone lines, so apparently they used "Facetime" on their smartphones and it worked perfectly.
So, there's my EQ tip of the day.  You're welcome.
Just don't go running in circles like I do.  I forget all about the Drop, Cover and Hold on. HAHAHA!  Hold on to what?!

Saturday morning I take my morning cup o' jo outside to bask in the sunshine.  Before I walk outside with said cup o' jo, I hear something outside the window.  Uh oh.



When you see it.   Hint:  Above the speaker.
I have fought for their nests before.  Last year he blocked em.  Just look at all the twigs and work they were able to do just over night.  Part of me says, move em.  Because of the mess.  Another part of me says...leave em, and let life go on.  We have bigger fish to fry in the pan of life.  Trust me. 

Plus we had to get one of these dudes for breakfast. And slip over to Gaylord and Shirleys to work a little and spread some love where needed.
Plus a bike ride planned with Grampie, Grammie, Bucksie and Kali. 



 The wind was a little brutal.  But the time together was just what we all needed.

Kris was diving, and Gio had a game in Santa Monica.  

Soon we'd head back because Bucksie boy seemed to be "over it"- 
As we stroll past this one last stretch of beach visible to us.  I spot this.  This elderly couple. In their eighties.
Cuddled, yet huddled under their umbrella from the wind.  When you are around elderly, you come to find out they don't care for wind.  Or the cold for that matter.  This just tickled me.  
Who knows their story.  Is it bold? It is filled with parenthood, and now grand kids.  Is it filled with days looking back through their chapters?  Was the beach a spot for some good lover making back in the day. 
What does their chapters hold.   However it is filled, this made my day. 
Once we made it home, we'd slap our buns back into the chairs that adorn the porch.  To watch friends pass us in our dining vessel.  
Well, Hello America Jane.  Hello!
We managed to capture our baby boy from his game....which was a WIN!  And back to bbq'n it was!
He was pumped.   We wrapped Saturday night up just like Friday night.  Asleep a tad bit earlier.  And up a tad bit earlier too.  With this view.  Our friends cruising by for a quick "Hello"-




And just like that.  Sunday closed up.  I've always taken pride in my meal planning.  And Sunday ritual of prep'n for my fam bam.  I am finding more and more that these days are beginning to switch up a little. 
In more ways than I really ever expected.  It all happens faster and faster with each closing month. 
This month is my birthday month.  I decided that as I've aged and find my mind, body and spirit changing that it's the proper time in this big life of mine to celebrate all month.  So if something is questionable? Should I? 
Why yes!  Yes. It's my birthday month.  

Hang on tight kids, hang on real tight.  Because you will be double fours if you haven't passed me. 
At times, it can be the shits.  Like gray hairs.  And wrinkles.  And brown spot.  And....
I can go on and on.  But I will spare you.  


Just get out and live.  Live the life you want.  Don't let others hold you back. 

Live for you. 

Because you are beautiful. 

A speck of sand in this big world.  Why not just live. 


Love and Peace to you-

xoxo


No comments: