Friday, March 7, 2014

The moments in time.

A planned dinner. Maria and Lisa

Just the two of us, because sometimes I like it like that.

It's easier to get caught up without racing my eyes and conversation between three or four friends.

It's one on one.

About the next steps in this life.

Our daughters and sons growth and ever changing pace.

Colleges, travels, and life.

Tuesday night at Michael's in Naples, CA.  A wine tasting event.
IF you live in the area, give it a try.  The place is superb anyway.  Adding wine tasting to the calendar, even better. 
20 Bucks. And......wine tasting happens on the first Tuesday of every month.  Start jotting into your calendars people.  Get out there.  Don't like wine?  Well, then don't do it. ha.
I'm kind of a silly head with wine tasting, and the whole sipping while someone stares at me.  But the guy straight from Italy was almost too sweet to falter.  His words were so scrambled, yet true.  So I just sipped away. ha.
The cheese was to die for.  I LOVE CHEESE.  The more sour and aged, the better. yum!
It's best to get there with a reservation, or head up early and catch a seat on the sofa by the fire.  Pure bliss. 

The first Pinot was absolutely amazing. 
Our seat for two. 
Our dinner.  Of course I devoured the cheese.  Gobbling up these veggies in 2 minutes flat.  Except you see that little yellow carrot?  I dropped that feller to the floor. boo.   But don't fret, because the minute I got home I poured the biggest bowl of Frosted Shredded Wheats that you ever did see.  boom.

Back to the wine, and the event.  And the talk with my good friend Maria.  It was all too good.  We caught up on many things.  I found out she made her plans for spring break.  That chickie-doodle bird is going to Ireland.  How awesome and bad ass is that!  Instead of sending KK off to the party zone with all the party goer's.  They will roam the country side, while spending time alone together before she jolts off to college.


Stop the clock. 

These moments are what I live for.

Good food, good wine and good friends.

Thanks Maria.  You fine gem you.

Love, and sweet wishes to you.

To all of you, have a super Friday night.  Sip good wine, or sip good fruit punch.  Whatever you decide to sip, just let out one big exhale.  It's time to chill out for the weekend!  We're hoping for clear sunny skies, and a nice long bike ride to no where planned just somewhere fun.  Most likely Margarita's will be involved.  Well, if you ask me.....Bill might try and pack Gatorade.  Whatever we pack which will actually be a basket full of all mentioned plus more, because I'm a Mom and we know how Mom's pack; just know I will have my handy little rough and tough Sony smooth shooter to catch it all on digital.  Only to later show you the good pictures of us..... ha!



L

No comments: