Thursday, March 13, 2014

The hidden gems.

Last week on Tuesday as I prepped myself for wine tasting with Maria, I quickly scrolled through my mail.
Most always junk, coupons, and just stuff.

This day, there were 2 pieces.

One, another acceptance letter for Kali.  University of Arizona.  (She's received a few, now the decisions begin to sort)

Two, a card from my sister.

As unexpected as it was to receive this card, I knew her words would echo sweet love from one girl to the other.

Not just any girl. But my sister.

The girl that knows me better than most anyone on this Earth, and vice versa.

I sat down on my bed, opened it, and smiled ear to ear.  Because in this big scary world she is on my team. Even at times that she and I don't see eye to eye.  There have been many. 
The simple  moments we shared a few weekends back, laughing, sipping wine on that sunny day together.
It means something to her. It means something to my kids.  It means something to my animals.

Most importantly, it means more than she will ever know, to me.

Tina, I love you and will forever be the silly rock in your life.

Even when the tides of change turn against you.

Happy day to you all, especially you Tee.

Peace be with you,

Lisa Lynn


No comments: