Saturday, March 22, 2014

When confusion frustrates me.

For anyone that really knows me, will admit that I hate change.  I love simple.  And I am not a geek with phones. I have always liked those things that have served me well.  And I have always loved the simplicity in this life, without adding more electronics to my game.  I just don't do well.

Give me a good camera, and well, that's a whole nother' story.

My cell phones started like this.  Mind you, Bill and I had pagers at one point.
But I will spare you that.




I had the blue one above.  


Soon, I moved on to this lover. A Blackberry look-alike.  I called her my Blueberry.  And I am also saying this is/was my lover.  This phone served me super well. The first one went swimming.  And my hero rescued her SIM card.
 Remember this?
Well, I went back and got another.  This is where the harassment started from my family.  Bill, and the kids...rahh, rahh, rahh..."You need an iphone Mom".  One of the reasons I get along so well with this phone is the BUTTONS.  I LOVE buttons.  The whole touch screen is for the birds.  Remember, I text at stop lights.  Bad girl-
Lisa says- "No, I don't."  I don't want one, and I certainly DON'T need one.  
Fast forward to a week ago.  I dropped her again.  On her millionth time being dropped, she finally lost her back.  And would randomly shut off at her own discretion.  Calls were crunchy. All of the above.

So I sneakily went back to Tarjeeeyyy.  (Target) and bought......another! ha!!!!

BUT........BUT, they don't have my little lover anymore.
The young dude sold me, on this.

THIS.  UGH!
The exception is she's black.

And... I. Hate. It.  With a capitol, H.  YUCK!

The bantering is on from my family...."Hun, you will get used to it"-   "Mom, stop it, you will be fine"-  We can send you video's now"-  Blah blah blah.

So this weekend, while you are out....

Basking in the sunshine down by the water side, I will be doing phone homework, and trying to figure out the basics of typing on a screen.  I hate it.#wonttextatstoplightsanymore. #problemsolved.

Next step, within the next few weeks, when one of our upgrades is due, I will be jumpin to the I-phone.  I can't tell you how scared I am of this next leap.  Seriously, call me a freak.

I hate change.

This weekend will also be signing some serious paperwork for this chick. Something I merely dreamed about what seems to be days ago.  When in fact, it's been many, many years. 

And when I say I don't like change, it includes all that is preparing me for empty-nest syndrome.

Trying to remain calm in front of the troop when my heart is melting to the floor with fear.


We all know me though.  Mother hen hovering over her birdies.


Pray for me, I will need it. 

Happy Saturday....

Big love to all of you.

Hug your lovers a little tighter this weekend.  Don't have a lover? Well, get a cat.  Or a sweet rescue dog.

They will always serve you well.

This fumble finger, stoked nervous mama.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps.  My  heart, and thoughts continue to be riddled with sadness over that missing Malaysian flight.
Those poor families.  One gal said she believes her soul mate is still alive, somewhere out there.  And I could only think of her days and nights missing him.  I would go absolutely crazy.  

Leese

No comments: