Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello, March

Can you believe we have flipped the calendar yet one more time?
Friday night we spent it with this birthday girl.  She turned one.
See those blankies, and pillows?  Well, they adorned our little bodies as we sipped wine, and.........wait for it.......dined on the home-made Italian Wedding soup she made for us!  It was the perfect night to settle in and laugh a little, while we celebrated another year of this beauty. 
Can you spot a black kitty on the blankie by the fire.....on his back. boom.
Bill and I had no plans for Saturday.  And if you ask me, no plans are the best plans.  I went for a jalk. (jog/walk) And did so in a hurry before the next storm hit.  This girl had blow dried hair, and she ain't got no time for wet frizzy hair.
Kali sent me this pic of Gio and Bucksie. They had breakfast by the water side, and spent the later hours on the sand with little homie. Side note:  Gio and his team shaved mohawks as a Senior Varsity tradition.
This curled Kali up into a tizzy all week.  By Saturday she soon realized she was acting like a knucklehead.
It's not bad.  And hair grows back. As long as the hat stays on she says. ha! 

After coming home to breakfast served by my king, we went on with our plan-less day.  The most perfect rainy, stormy, thundering day.
Soon, I'd receive a text from my Dad.
It said, "Your boy"
And "BOY" he was.  And this boy LOVED to climb trees.  Any tree.  Any where.  I often encouraged it.
Most always asking him to remove his shoes.  
The next one from my Dad.  These two young lovers.  Mom and Dad.  1993-  It's one of my favorites.  Framed in my house.  It's truly who they were.  Who they are. 
Next up a text from my Mama-  "Young Dad"-  I have an old creepy phone.  It works for me.  The picture size is super tiny.  Forwarding them to my email or ipad always opens my eyes a little more.
About life.  And it's clock. And the moments that we didn't know were all that important.
The day he walked me down the aisle.  The day he stood with me at the ripe age of 19.  We were both shaking before we took those long but quick strides down the row of family and friends staring at his baby  Lisa.
The Dad that made her strong, yet worried about her fate. He tells me so now.  He knew I was a strong girl, but always worrying about the life long weight that I would bear.  And bear I have.
Oldies, but goodies.  Mrs. Duggar.

This is straight into the nineties.  Anything neon, and mixed matched?  Well sign me up.  Dear bajeezles.  Why.


How was your weekend?  Full of fun?  Did you adorn your favorite rain boots?

Hair dried straight?

Good food?

Those Oscars though.  Ohh those Oscars.  I don't watch many movies. But when the Oscars roll around it's like a  little holiday for me.  I. LOVE. THEM.  I love the dresses.  The hair styles, the smiles, and happiness that covers that red carpet.  Most of all, I love new actors gleaming in sweet glory as they swipe a much well deserved win.  Most of the speeches make me cry.  The host Ellen makes me laugh until I cry.  All of it.  LOVE her!

Good stuff.  Super good stuff.

Happy Monday kids.  It's been one heck of one that's for sure.  Business is busy.  Phones are ringing.
People are here.  The sun is shining.  My flowers and lawn leaping up and down.

I love Springtime, but I love me some good rain storms too.


GO GET AFTER IT!


One foot in front of the other.  Remember, bad days don't last, but good people do.

You can do this.

Kindness is Power.  Don't forget that.

Big Love,

This Mama Lisa






1 comment:

Mindi said...

Your dad at your wedding looks like Jason! Crazy! I think Jason is a mix of him and Grandad. And I was dying laughing about Mrs. Duggar. Hilarious!