Tuesday, March 25, 2014

And you sit with a lump in your throat.

We said our final good-bye's to a woman I am proud to have known.

Proud I hugged her.

Proud she hugged and loved my babies.

Proud that she held my baby.

Proud that I had the opportunity to learn a little about her.  Her life was an adventure.  That's for sure.

And while no one likes funerals, and if you're are like me, tend to get super nervous of just the thought.
It was beautiful.
To sit with old friends.  See the faces and relive memories we all shared.  It was beautiful.
Sitting next to friends, and family as we heard words that echoed love and forgiveness.
Was beautiful.




It was a beautiful afternoon shared in an hour saying goodbye to Allie.  That smile will always refresh me.
Although tears fell, and tissues were passed, it was beautiful.

I have a little story behind Allie. Presented by her Granddaughter-inlaw. Which I will share with you soon.  I sat on my porch later and read a life of hers filled with love, heartbreak, tenacity and strength.  I heard and read LOVE over and over. Unconditional love.

As one of her Granddaughters said "Grandma would be so happy to sit here in the room with us"

Just knowing all of the people still alive in her life, were there.  Sharing stories about her life.

Love, and faithfulness was a strong subject, that's for sure.

Kali asked on the way over.."Mom, are you gonna cry?"  "Well, Kali...I know it makes you uncomfortable, but I think so".  You know me.  

I sat for the longest time with a lump in my throat.  Soon, her Grandson would speak.  And of course....my tissue soon became drenched.  She loved her Grandbabies so much.  They all were her life.
His awesome speech would make her so proud.

Rest in Peace you beautiful Angel



Bill and I headed over to a little wine place in the LB for a yummy glass of vino after. Our mission to catch the sunset, and brush away some sadness.  I promise, he was happy to be there with me.  He said my big hat was in his way.  Also the spot he prepped for me was on the other side.  I was just a huge mess. Ha! Actually our bottle of wine with a wiener looking top was a huge mess. HAHAHA!

Big feet mess too.  HA!

As we sat in our little corner unwinding, he saddled up to share his trip down to Mexico with his parents to take care of some biz...story.  One thing I have always admired is his love and caring ways for them.
Mexico, and Rosarito to be exact is known for recent scariness.  But if you ask me, the stench, the food, the culture...is interestingly neat to me. History and super fun memories held there.  Look at Gaylord's grin.  Cute!  

How was your weekend? Filled with lots of love?

Mine was filled with love, sadness, new beginnings, exciting choices and the closure of books filled with many many many loving and hard chapters. 


Happy Chilly Tuesday here in Southern Cali. Brrr.


ps. To my Aunt Ronda and Uncle Wade- Cute little side story- Apparently in Grandma Allie's last days she often would ask about Wade and Ronda.  I know you got to know her through Kenny.  But wow, talk about some more irony there. 

Love, Peace and sweet wishes to you all.

Call and reach out to those that you have put off doing so, because just maybe....maybe you won't get the chance.

xoxo

Lisa


No comments: