Friday, March 21, 2014

It's right there.

Well....we welcomed the first day of Spring, and just like that our Winter, in it's anti-climatic way, came and went. That's what she said. Say wha?. Anyway kids.... I guess what I'm trying to say is...I miss the cold. Rain.  I want more rain.

As much as I hate lugging the boots and sweaters out of the closet day after day (this makes me think of you Mary C.); there is something to be said about rain, and it's glory.  The cuddly days in, making soup, or anything hot to hold in my hands.

Rain is needed. Not only to thrive on, but it's purpose on Earth to water life. Plants, flowers, people. All of it.

It's missed.

Some of my plants and trees are a bit confused with this seasonal change that took place. 

I can feel the change in the air.  The mornings that I leave without a sweater on.  Or the need to grab my blankie while I sit on my porch in the evenings.  The fan at my desk is turned on low in the afternoons.
Turning my air conditioner on as I leave for work.  
I feel the need to stop for yogurt on  my way home, way more than usual. ha.
As much of me that wants and can't wait for Summer, I really kind of missed Winter. 

I water each night, assuring my flowers of my deep love for them. ha.

I find myself day dreaming about getting away.
The one thing I look most forward to, are long afternoons at the lake.  Or beach side.
The sun shining on us longer....

Packing the truck for another trip to the lake, while soon looking in the rear view mirror of our city here.
As for me, I read, because Bill tailgates. Then I get car sick. It's a true mess. Until, we reach the 40.
This stands true for our get-away during the weekday at the mad dash of "get the hell out of town" mode-

Looking forward to sipping margarita's in the pool, and turning the music up just a tad bit louder.  We all know me. I can't wait.

Winter, I miss you.

Summer, I want to embrace you, yet a part of me is just a tad bit not ready.

Who's with me?

I can honestly say, I never thought I'd say that.  Ever.

Happy Friday friends...

Make it a good one.

This Mama has lots of planning and coordinating to do.

Senior parents, are you with me?

College planners are you with me?

Mama's and Papa's are you with me?

Worker bee's are you with me?


Love and sweet wishes to you,

Remember kindness matters-

Lisa


No comments: