Monday, May 13, 2013

Whirlwind.

It has been over three months. 


Since we've check on things. So a quick trip to work a little...and decorate a little for...
This girl.  Seventeen is peeking at us.  So close, and I never imagined the day.  My Memorial Weekend baby.
It all started with an idea for her gathering this year.   She mentioned the word "Anchor". 
And so of course, I've taken that....
And ran with it. 
 Dad and I spray painted all cute things gold.  Gold is fun. ha. (Carol, Hope and Jaymee, if you read this...Hobby Lobby will forever remind me of you girls when I stroll the aisles.  Note: Little rusty anchor up top? 2 bucks.  yea, it's a beauty now!)
I can't show too much more. Can't spoil all the sweetness.  But here's a little anchor of some. 

We did catch some great sunsets by the waterside. 
 And this dude finally joined me in the pool.  And poolside.
Remember I was having a bad week?  It involved most people I love.  Bill included. 
And this girl is like a teapot.  I will simmer, and take on things.  And soon enough....well....
5.4.3.2.1.  boom.  
We had our sub sandwiches in our favorite little "Donkey" cove. 
And of course we fed these dudes.  "Adam and Steve". 
 Caught one last sunset...
 Before arriving home to.....these.

And these...
And of course lunch here with my little birdie number two...
And trying not to critique this picture, keeping "beauty sketches" in mind.  ugh.  I look tired, and in serious need of a nose job.  oh well.  Holla out to Jan's in HB.  Our family favorite go-to for a great organic sandwich and the best soup, not to mention kick ass smoothies, and fresh fruit.  Live in the area?  go there.
Like today.

My sister came over.  T, Tori, Kali and I sat outside and sipped wine, and chatted about everything. 
A little of this...Niece, boyfriend. Prom. 

 And a little of....

 These cuties.

And while sitting out front with the girls, chatting about...well, everything....
Kali said...listen you guys....
And she read this...



And while we thanked her for that nice reading..I thought about all of the Mom's out there that bathed
in Mother's Day glory.

There were many IG posts about our big day.  It was a good day.  A special sweet day.
I don't like too much fuss about me. I like it simple. Always have.  

Motherhood. It's the most difficult job in world. It is also the most rewarding.

I failed in mailing my gift in time to my Mom.  I fail in many things in this world. 
My undying love for my children and this life of mine keeps me busy.
The whole process of personal humanity changes the minute we have our children.
It just does.
We love to love ourselves, but those deep roots that keep us going back for more.
More mothering. 
For the struggles that need help.  We are there.  It's our purpose.


May we all have the strength and patience to be the best mother that they deserve.

Enjoy your Monday kids.

It's a hot one kids.  Wowzaballs.


Stay cool, and stay true.

Eat good food.  Ladies, no need to cook tonight...it's a dine out kind of day.  I can feel it.

Bathe in your Mothers Day Glory, just one. more. day.

Plus it's too hot.

And that kitchen can wait.  Trust me, it will still be there.

boom.

Love,
Mama of two birdies.

Leese

No comments: