Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Mama. Dear Me.

Thank you for bringing me here.

Thank you for making this brown eyed girl.
The girl with freckles on her nose.
And long toes.
Thank you for showing me a path that you believed was right.
Thank you for feeding me those wonderful meals.
And making me after school snacks.
When dinners were prepared and planned out by you.  I get it now.
Thank you for staying up with me in the middle of the night as a baby.  I get it now.
Thank you for keeping us covered in shelter when you didn't know how much more you could handle.
Thank you for not doting over me with all things perfect.  Like hair, and clothes.  I get it now.
Thank you for not even knowing the difference.  It's made me a good girl now. 
Thank you for staying strong, when you felt like running.  Thank you for staying. 
It's always hard to find the perfect Mothers Day card.  I've battled this search for years.
I really have.
I love you from the core of my bones.
I just don't know if you know me as much as I wish you did.
I was Kali's age when we parted. You did what you needed to at the time.
There are no other things in this world that I admire as much as seeing my parents happy.
I pray for you often.
I miss you.
I thank you.  I really thank you.
Thank you for saying those kind words last Sunday.
Telling me what a great job I've done with my children was one of the very best things that I've ever heard you say.  Those words still echo in my heart.  
I really wonder if you know how much you mean to me.
I just don't and can't find the perfect card.  Or gift.
I know what you like.  Your favorite scents.  Your choice of clothes, and laid back ways.
I love you.  I really miss you.
And always, always, will want nothing more than good health.  Happiness.  And peace in your heart.
Happy Mothers Day Mom.  Pam.  That beautiful young mother of two little girls.  Your little brown eyed girls.

Dear Me.
Thank you for being you.
Thank you for proudly honoring the title of Mom.
Thank you for birthing a boy at a very young age and doing everything you possibly could to be a good Mommy.
Thank you for your planning.  Helping.  And guiding.
Thank you for birthing a little girl and being that rock to her.  She needs you more than ever right now.
And...the rest of her life. I think. 
Thank you for never running.  But keeping your anchor deep.
Even during the hardest darkest days. Thank you. 
I wonder if you know how strong you are and have had to be.
Do they know?
Do they care?
Do they read cards and find TRUE meaning?
Thank you for teaching two humans to be kind. Loving and gentle.
Thank you for teaching them to never ever litter. No exceptions ever.
Thank you for teaching them to be respectful to elders, and anywhere while being served. 
Thank you for holding the title of Mommy as a strong diligent one.
Thank you for never giving up.
And thank you for always staying involved.  Helping them.  Helping their activities.  Guiding by example. Thank you. 
Thank you for ripping your band-aid off of your heart many many times to remind yourself what the word Mommy represents.
Thank you Lisa.  Thank you.
Thank you for being that brown eyed freckle face long toed beautiful soul girl.

Happy Mothers Day Lisa.

Happy Mothers Day Mom.

And Happy Mothers Day to all you Mommies out there. Humans and animals.

Enjoy this weekend....it's meant for you. And you deserve it.


because without you, this universe would never be the same.

Honored to hold the title of Mommy,


Lisa.  Mama.  Mommy.  Mom.  Ma.

P.S. Now I'm off to go figure out what to buy my Mom.  And how to ship it in time.
Oh boyy. 

No comments: