Thursday, May 16, 2013

Disconnect for a day.

Lately while trying to carry a conversation in our home it turns into a haze mid-sentence.
For all of us.
As I'm explaining something, it's often the creatures I reside with are sitting/standing there...head down, phone in hand, reading, texting, viewing.  Completely unattached to anything I am saying.
And it's all of us.
I am completely guilty of it too.
However when this happens, I tend to start talking jibberish words to see where we left off....
As in "Elephants poop rainbows and have wings to fly to space".....and soon, they will look up with a haze face and say..."wha"....
Ha.  (Side note...I do understand people like Bill that have no other choice) 
This might be the time to request a disconnect day for our family...
I do believe this task would be like wrestling an elephant.  For all of us.  I am in love with my phone.
It's my secret lover.  And it hides some of my funniest moments, private moments, and best moments.
Can you look back and imagine our lives without them?
Leaving to the store or away for the weekend, and the only means to contact was the room number of the hotel. Or sending a "page" to our pager.
I must admit, I don't think I could live without my phone.
I receive cute pictures of these girls...
Along with becoming a savior many times over and over.  Whether it's catching the call or text that someone needs something while I'm out.  It saves me from going back out.  To the store, or errands. It has saved time and money. Not to mention maybe a ride, or help....
I've received some of the sweetest news, and sometimes scary news by means of my phone.I will always cherish receiving pictures of my new little cousins as newborns...or a celebration at a wedding...
My kids and I send each other silly texts.  Like very often.  Sometimes during a frustrating moment, I will receive something like this.  Of course, it stops those frustrations in their tracks, soon creating laughter.
I guess what I am trying to say, or wish for...is a day to disconnect.  Just my family.  Tuck our phones away. While together.  And just be.

Together.


Happy Thursday kids.

Do you live like us?   Do you feel like detaching for the day?

Weekend?

Anytime?

One. More. Day. Til' Friday.

Best day of the week!

Pow!

This mama Lisa.  The girl that loves her phone.  


P.S.S.  And why do I ask you silly goats questions, you don't respond, you little lucky lizards...someday maybe someday I will live to know who reads my slice of life.  You hide and seek sillies.

boom








No comments: