Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What do you want to do hun...?

Our first snorkel day reservation rolled out like this.

Up at 6am.  Which interprets 3am at home.  Our arrival time to the marina to depart on our boat was suppose to be 7:30am.  We are very close at 7:30, but not quite there.  I call.  The kind lady say's...no worries, they will wait.
We pull around the mountain side and my mind interprets this.  Well, the water looked like that.
I look over at Bill.  Keep in mind I took a sea sickness medicine before we left.  So aside from looking, feeling and sounding like a zombie.  I say "um hun, that water looks....not good".  He says..."I know hun".  And then the "well, whatdya want to do"?  And I'm all....not go on that boat.  
Because I picture this.  Seriously.  So we make the phone call back to the lady.  She say's.  You know this is actually a decent day.  This is one of the 3 windiest harbors in the world, so it doesn't get much better than this.  Meanwhile the entire boat is waiting for Bill and Lisa.  This is how kind they are.  We I still decline. (you know my thoughts on life's too short to be miserable) Feeling like a loser, we pull to the side to figure out what to do.
My next suggestion will sound like a bigger freak.  But I had wanted to try an organic juice health bar in Lahaina since being at home, and planning.  And so.....

Acai Bowl.  YUM!

And we spent the day in a town called Napili.  After stopping here.  It was delish.  Amazing vibe in this place.  Food definitely made with lots of love.  And real ingredients. 
I have 2 pictures of Napili. That's it.  We snorkeled there.  Laid on the beach for the day.  And tried to come out of the fog in our systems by afternoon.
Don't fret though kids, we went back for a snorkel trip....and here you go......
We arrive, same place.  Different day.  Much more prepared.  (although I didn't sleep at all because I figured I would be tortured with the above picture) ha.
But.....
Those silly fellers scared us for nothing....This is the view.  The water.  Crazy harbor, huh. 
I was 4th in line.  Because I read where to sit on this boat to assure calm seas, and easy ridin. ha.
Once seated, Bill asked over and over..."You ok hun"?
Oh ya. I'm fine.....that's for sure.  The sun was perfect.  The temps at 8am were all of 70 degrees, flat seas, and happy good people. This crew was amazing.  That's all I can say.  Kind. Gentle souls.
Off in the distance we see a whale.  Slappin it's big ol' flapper sayin.."Mornin"



Every time I look at this picture I remind myself of the "Beauty Sketch" video.  I mean, look at that smile. and my nose.  WTF.   Look at it again.  One more time.  Laugh out loud with me.  OMG.

I'm totally fine.

And so was he.

Aloha








The Molokini Crater.  Popular dive and snorkel spot.

the back side.  As we boarded the boat, the crew says...it's the best water they have seen in a very long time and a beautiful day...so let's check out the back side...Where back in the day, the military would use this as a practice range for shooting out of planes.

The highlight of my trip was the food.  Just look at that burger.  Fresh off the fired up grill that lingered over the back.  Just the aroma.  All of the vibe. It was so full of yum.  You know that smell of a good bbq burger on the grill?  And homemade ORGANIC pasta to rock this world.  Not to mention fresh fruit, soft drinks....and desserts...yum!

As we cruised past the Four Season....

Headed to Turtle Town.


Oh, hello.
 
Little fine feller.

bloop bloop.

Hanu.

Go in peace little one.  Thank you for your presence....

This feller spotted him.  Those two down there.....

I was sitting up top.  Checking the view.  Catching pictures of Bill from above...while sipping a Long Board Brew.  = Perfect Day.

The Big B is out there. 

Seriously look at this water.  Wow.

As we pull away from "Turtle Town"....we see the turtles pop up.  Kind of like nannny nannny nanny....hahaha!

Two Turtles.

So.....

Glad......

We did this.

His little planned adventure turned out.  What a day that was.  Snorkeling is peaceful, sweet and a whole nother' world down there.  That's for sure. 


Happy Birthday Grandma Ramirez!
We will celebrate you tonight....you beauty, you.


Enjoy your Wednesday kids.  We are half way to the end.

Or the beginning....

Love,
This Snorkeler.
and Snorkelerette.  hahaha.




No comments: