Monday, July 2, 2012

The birdies. Their weekend.

We kept Friday very simple.  Just the way we planned.  Our normal stop into Sunset Pasta, same spot, same seat,  different dish...and it was delish.  Greeted by name by the sweetest people in Sunset.  Seriously, good vibe in there.  Meanwhile X-Games was on the flat screen, right in front of us.  Good wine, amazing food, and watching this.  Kris and Lizo were there.  Of course we I lol were text-a-thon back and forth...They know me, bring on the pic's.  I can never get enough. Ever. Ever.  So much in fact I think I searched the screen more trying to spot these two birdies in the crowd.  Silly me I know.  Go ahead, roll your eyes. 

They had great seats, good company, and watched Ronnie Renner break a record.  47 Foot jump over the bar. IS. INSANE. SERIOUSLY AMAZEBALLS. 

Saturday held concert moments for Kali.  A Hawaiian festival, with Tristan and his family.  The group was told to dress "Hawaiian"....This is the start of the concert/event.   oh yea and...brace free smiles.  Both girls lost those tracks 2 weeks ago.  Woop woop.

She said the energy and feeling of this place was nothing less than awesome.  Hawaiian people have a way about kindness.  Mix my little one in there?  You bet!

And these two sillyheads?  Of course!

And this is what happens when boy likes girl.  And girl likes boy. Boy finally convinced that face painting is ok.  That he should go along like everyone else.  Flower on my face?  Why sure!    

Because these girls really think it looks hot!I know girl on right sure does.

Well, at least I know her smile speaks leaps and mountains.....

Sunday morning Kali said "Gianni is picking me up and taking me to his house to make us breakfast".   Stuff like this makes me melt.  How cute is that?!  How cute are they?! Can I get a big awwwww?  I love Gio. Plus he's blessed with the perfect Mom  who snaps just as many shots as this Mom.  Bam!  They are doomed.  HAHA!

After breakfast this place would soon be whispering "come play" to them. 

So 2 car loads, ice chest (holla to the Mom's that pack lunches and snacks right?) and Sunglasses sittin' on smiles.....

Brought them here.  Laguna Beach.  Summer 2012. 

The other important guy in her life picked her up.  

So she could pack for this.   Longest time planned away from us.  Kali is at the island with Mac and Kell for 5 days.  Sleeping right there.  On a boat.  Sunshine, smiles and many many memories.   Guess what?  I was a mess this morning. 5am.   And last night.  What is wrong with me?  Bill and Kali lectured me last night at dinner.  I heard something like this:  Blah. Blah. Blah.   She is my little buddy.   I am learning to let her brave wings fly.  That she must get out there and enjoy moments.  Without me.  I know to prep for the day she leaves me for good.  But for now players?   I miss her.  I guess I miss the schedule.  My buddy. So excited for her too!

How are you preparing for the 4th?  We are not planning anything.  Come what may.   Come what will.  I do know it will be different this year without the little birdie with wings that are growing.   No picture of Happy Birthday America and lights on her bike. Or sparklers that we quickly light on the patio just because.  We are alive.  She is alive. Healthy.  Having fun. On the island.  I shutter with excitement when she sends me pictures.  Of anything.  Especially when my kids are able to enjoy this Earth and Country for what we stand for.  FREEDOM. It is the land that I love. 


Cheers  XO!    to a mani/pedi?  I think so. 

 

Oh.  And yes Pandora..."I AM STILL LISTENING".



GOD BLESS THE USA!


L

No comments: