Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thank you for the memories.

Deep Purple.  Jon Lord- Rest in Peace.... June 1941- July 2012 .   He gave my parents many many memories.  He gave my sister and I just as many.  I can remember so perfectly, the long yet hard and sometimes frustrating  nights my Dad would play his guitar in our little living room right along with Jon.  To the tunes of "Smoke on Water"...and "My Woman from Tokyo."  And when I say play his guitar I am talking about a Dad that had 2 Peavey amp's in each corner. Living in Westminster in a duplex. Music was/is his life. ( He still plays.  On his porch. No one to bother on 9 acres.  For therapy.  Daily)  It was ME that would walk into that living room in the wee hours of the late night asking him to turn it off.  Sometimes he would listen, and sometimes.....well..he wouldn't.   I love music.  I LOVE music.  But when I fall asleep, I want it quiet. Super quiet.  I believe because of the child hood process built around guitars.  And yes, your love for loud music Dad.  Sigh. 

My post isn't just about me.  It isn't to sulk in the loud music years, so I hope you don't receive it that way.  What I feel inside, is more of appreciation for the music.  As most of you know.  Well, anyone that knows me for that matter...is that I LOVE MUSIC. I listen to it from the moment I awake and throughout the day.  Some of you might not know, that I love classical music.  I love all classic rock.  Anything Jack Johnson, or reggae. I love country.  I love Spanish/Italian classical music.  But when I drink any sort of beverage that consists of alcohol, I know, thattts funny.....huh?

I tend to like Rap, hip-hop and any of those songs that play over and over and over again on our stations. Oh. And dance.  A lot.


So I hope most of you remember and appreciate DEEP PURPLE.  I know music teachers, sure do. Especially Jon. I hope that his songs take you back to some sort of memory.  Maybe playing "Smoke on the water." on your air guitar, or the mantra dun dun dun...dun dun da dun.... over and over again....The Woman from Tokyo takes me back to riding in the back seat of our VW beetle.  All windows down, no seat belt, holding the hair out of my mouth and eyes, while my Dad sang along to the tunes. Meanwhile tapping on the wheel....While our Mom sat close by with her tan beautiful body, long hair, silver eye shadow and hip hugger shorts, singing it too..  


Rest in Peace Jon.  Thank you.  Smoke on the Heavens now.  I'm sure they can use another good Organist on the other side.   


Peace out.


Leese


No comments: