Thursday, July 5, 2012

Is that corn under there?

Our 4th Of July...Independence Day was different. Everything about it.  Was different.  Although we didn't plan anything at all, I look back now and wish I would of coordinated at least the traditional BBQ...or at least stuffed Sunflowers in a jar alongside The American Flag.   We did manage to put up our new vintage American flag. We shopped all morning, and continued our decorating efforts well into the late afternoon.  Randy and Carmen called asking if we'd like to hang, do something..."anything"...just hang together.  We were stoked.   Kris, Lizo and Bucks joined us, which made my afternoon all more enjoyable. At least being with family felt closer to a holiday.    Something about this holiday landing dab snap in the middle of the week was odd.  And our sweet pea away made things feel especially different.   This flower stared at me all afternoon.  (I promised myself I wouldn't text, call, or check-in with Kali until she reached out to me.  She didn't each day until very late into the afternoon/evening! HAHA)
While Bill and I were out and about purchasing more goodies for the love-shack and trying to agree on Dinnerware, and my favorite choice of "big bowls"...I seriously have a problem with eclectic cool bowls.  I heart them.  My cousin Mindi sent this picture of her little sugar plums.  My little 2nd cousins. Tucked up at the tip of California.  I love America too.  This made me smile so big.   Ohh. The days when I would could dress Kali up. 
Spend time with Mom and Dad on the water with overcast skies on the 4th?  Sure!
Because these two lovebirds snapped us out of our nesting  mode. 
Happy Birthday America.  God Bless our troops that allow us these moments.  Thank you, thank you, and ohhh so many thank you's. 
Bill ordered Coconut Shrimp.  (First of all, shame on us for heading to a restaurant on a holiday...sad for them, good for us...well kind of)  As he's tearing into his dinner, Carmen says "Hey look you guys, is that corn under there"?  I know it sounds nerdy to laugh now, but that shiz is funny right there.  Presentation means nothing here players.   It's how you find it while eating.  Just another day on the water...hahaha!
And big CHEERS (glasses clink together) to a great afternoon, fun dinner...and more silly memories with The Reynolds.  xo
Getting ready to head across the street to the beach.  And if I'm not mistaken, Kris has inherited my sometimes "honey badger, cheesy smile" here. HAHA! Little beach tradition.. if possible to watch fireworks at QM and HB Pier. Sooo gloomy we hope to see whatever. And what would soon really scare little buddy here.   Safe in our arms, but shivered until we got back home.  No likey fireworks.  I mean, what dog/cat does? 
Mr. Sun.  Did. Not. Peek. At. Us. All. Day. Long. Lame. Shame on you.
The beach was different too.  The whole vibe for that matter was way off.  Ya, thanks calendar for giving us that holiday so awkwardly.  ka-BOOM! 
The two leading boys in my life. 
I did sip a very good wine though.  Thank you Bill.  Thank you wine glass on the sand.  COULD NOT, WOULD NOT...SPORT A RED SOLO CUP ON THAT HOLIDAY!!  Nope. 
Remember this girl?  She sent us a picture of them.  Yesterday.  And it said "miss you".   I miss her too.  Alot. 

Hope everyone enjoyed that sliver of a holiday.  It was gloomy on the beach. It was super hot in Havi (from what we hear...)  But we are extremely grateful for the holiday and what it means.  Freedom and the rights we have.  Those are the doors of opportunity that will open for all of us. 

Be safe....

L

No comments: