Monday, July 23, 2012

Now that I'm back....

You Did Me Good Havasu, You Did Me Good.  

So this weekend was pretty fantastic.  Which also means it was pretty exhausting from working drinking around the house in Havasu, and on the lake.  Yes, can you believe it?  We partied like 2 little rock stars.  
Because of this (and due to the fact that I still have a thousand other things to get done tonight)
I am going to get straight to the chase.  Or straight to the point as one may say. 
I am not 100% confident that "straight to the chase" makes any sense.  
Now I warn you, this post will be full of whatever pictures we could capture because the "piece of poop" camera I bought on some deal thing broke.  Got it? It broke.  Wouldn't turn on.  Wouldn't even make a noise, whine, crackle.  Done.  kerplunk.  POS.  So. I grabbed my little card reader out of it's little bottom side, and tossed it in a drawer.  Because I am a hoarder, and don't know where to stash it for now.  Kali always warns me about Electronic waste.  So.  Pictures brought to you courtesy of my big' ol  ipad.  And Bill's Iphone.  And my badass Pantech phone.  You know the classy one with normal buttons.  That one. 
Pictured above are the darling flowers that Bill surprised me with while......WE WERE BEING WALMARTIANS in Walmart.  As I came around the corner with trash bags, and other households goodies, he popped around the corner with these. Behind his back and all.  Can I get an awwww?  Man, this dude always knows how to win my heart.  Aisle 6. Love him.  Proudly displayed them on our counter the entire weekend.  After all, it's the sweet little things.  Thank you love.  Git er done.
And while I lounged in the pool, with music on, and a water margarita in my hand, what do I see?  A bird nest looking at me.  I tried so hard to keep this secret, as we ALL know that Bill will quickly make his architectural plans to put some sort of wire block next time I am not watching.   Rude. As I am watching this Mama birdie, Bill is spraying down the patio.  All is good right?  HA!  Wrong.  As he's flushing away all the twigs, I said, "Look hun, Mama birdie is building up there". Dumb ME.....DUMB ME!  I hope she builds quickly and sends those little fellers off soon.  Next trip.  Adios.  I am quite sure.  No seriously. Guarantee he is already plotting the plan.  Bill-e-o that is. 
And while I floated, and even dunked my favorite hat because it was a thousand degrees.  Well, not that hot, but 114.  I waited for the first game results.  From Kali.   They were in. They lost 1-0.   She assured me they'd go home and rest, and give all they could 2nd game.  5:00pm.
And while we waited for 2nd game to end, (normally Kyoko and I can give each other stats, because one of us is usually there...BUT she wasn't...so I waited. Patiently. ) I send a text at 6:30pm.  Good news?  Her response.  Yup we won. I scored. 1-0.   We play tomorrow.   And while we sat at Barley Brothers, we reminisced of many years back, we'd sit here, and play trivial pursuit, while sipping Strawberry Margarita's....giving eachother kind of easy questions, and sometimes, not so easy.  One I did not know-
What does P.S. stand for?   It's meant to be "postscript".  Bam.  How's that kids?
And this burning hunk of love would make us a drink, we'd sit and chat.  Sometimes silence would fill the big ol' air, and that's good too.  And some cheesy smiles at eachother like in the movies. haha. We'd clean up and meet my cousins out on the lake, than soon to venture over to a cove.  All to get NOT ONE picture.  Old/New camera that broke, you suck.   Seriously you do.

We also joined them for yummy Italian food.  All 6 of us.  One shot here.  ugh!  And who really wants to just see me walking like a wannabe run way model, in front of some strangers car.  Double ugh!
We did manage to scoop up my younger cousin Trevor the next morning for breakfast on the river at Roadrunners.  The best egg sandwich in the world.  To me that is.  Wow.  Not to mention you are eating while floating on the dock, and getting sea sick at the same time from your mild hangover, sound good?  
Spending these moments with my little cousin and his girl means more than egg sandwiches, and wiggly bars on the river.  We laughed, told stories, snapped a couple of ipad pictures, and headed back to the lake.  
Back close to home, we dropped in the water for a bit, had dinner on the lake, pulled the boat back out of the water, tucked her away in the garage.  Did our normal routine of just chillin, preppin for the other routine of closing up the house on Sunday.  I COULD not wait to get back to Kali. 3 games. Her Mom away.  Her brother picking her up.  My body done consuming so much hot sunshine, lemonade and punch. Woops I mean Silver Bullets.    
And I came home to this. Abbie upside down.  Kidding.  She was perfectly cozy in Kali's room.  With that huge belly of hers, that sweet meow as she see's us.  Hugs from Kris and Kali.  Bucks so happy I was home.  It all felt really good.  Kali than told me we play tomorrow (which is today) in San Juan Capistrano.  10:30.  
And so we arrived.  On Kali's watch.  At 9am.  Sharp.  This morning.  An hour before we are supposed to.  But that's ok.  I love that she is always so early.  Plus, I scope out the nearest Starbucks.  Sorry Bill.  lol
This Polo Field is gorgeous.  It really is.  With the temps at 72 degrees, after enjoying 114....I was in love.
Especially watching my sweets dominate. 5 good shots at goal.  

Not enough to win.  3 mins before game-end.  Temecula scored.  We were done.  
And so we are home. After grabbing our normal groceries for the week, we are tucked in.  

And so I must add:  One of the nights we were gone, I received a call from Kali.  Asking to see the new Dark Knight movie with Gianni.  It would be late.  His Mom was close by.  But still. I worried.  Not of anyone in the theater hurting them.  Not of any mentally sick individual in the that place or any where near by for that matter.  What I worried about?  Their drive home.  Drunk drivers.  
The next morning she sends me the cutest picture of their two young hands holding the tickets.  From such a wonderful night for them.  Something that Gianni really wanted to see.   Happiness held in their little hands. 

The next morning I turn news on to hear of the horrific nightmare that just unfolded in Colorado.  One of the safest cities.  Just like Seal Beach. The details were starting to unfold.  Just like Seal Beach.  I could just stand there and think "Why"?   Why?  Why did another senseless act of violence happen?  Again?  
It's a sad shame that someone didn't know he had so many issues. For a guy to build so many horrible vices around him, in his home, and around him, and for not one other person to catch on.  So sad. My heart weeps for the families.  It's a terrible reminder of what wiped out Seal Beach for a couple of months.  The tears, the aftermaths, the memorials, candles, gatherings, the questions?  Making us wonder, what is happening to our world?  Does violence take up more of the movies these days?  The video games?  Do our young boys and girls need to absorb such?  Do their parents teach kindness, and peaceful loving ways?  Is it all mental?  I certainly don't have a right to judge. I am simply wondering.  And sad.  For all of them.  All of them. It's terrible.  

I say to all of the families, Mothers, Fathers, Daughters, Sons, Brothers, Sisters...friends and colleagues of those affected...

"May all the Angels follow you in your darkest days and nights"  These next couple of months will leave several open questions.  More tears than you'd ever imagine shedding.  

May Peace Be With You.

And you,  and you....and all of you. 


With big open arms, I give my love.  


L









No comments: