Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What is the definition of LOVE?

Lately I've had a couple of people ask me about Kali and the term "boyfriend".  yes. people get very offset by the idea of her having a boyfriend.  Especially family. Oh and those conservative, friends. I guess some people feel the right to give their "opinion" or ask questions based on more curiosity than reality.   So...here are my thoughts.  Here are my feelings.  I wonder if those folks even read my blog.  But in case any of you were losing sleep with wonder of my daughter and her wonderful boyfriend this is how I feel:


First of all-


Does she know the term LOVE? 

Has she ever felt the deepest form of LOVE while giving birth?  Carrying life inside of her?

That first look and cry from your baby?

Has she ever been hurt so bad from someone that said "they LOVED" her?

Has she ever endured tough trials and tribulations in a relationship? 

The kind that people in long lasting relationships have?

That deep love, not lust.

That love you feel when you sit in silence with your partner just knowing the mutual trust and loyal part of LOVE that grows from years of being together and climbing serious mountains together?

That part of love that exists in bearing, raising, and teaching children?



She hasn't.  She hasn't experienced any of these things.  No. She's 16.

But she IS experiencing some of life's sweetest moments.  We've all felt them. You know those first butterflies each time you see him/her.  Getting ready, looking at yourself in the mirror 15 times, twirling around to make sure your hair and clothes are just right.

That first feeling of being so into someone.  Being so giddy around them.  So happy to see them.

That feeling of being hugged.  Kissed. I know, gross.  Go ahead judgers, throw them internet daggers at me, it won't hurt.    It's true. Those feelings.  I don't want her to get hurt. I don't know when, or if those days will exist sooner, or later.  Who knows. 

Kali and I have an amazing relationship.  As the same stands with my son.  We just do.  We have a very very close relationship.  I talk about EVERYTHING with them. 

I have had the talk with Kali about Gio and funny things that happen with our bodies, and lust..and boys, and girls.  Because girls can be just as aggressive.  So. 


How's those cookies players?  That's my Tuesday entry.  Putting it out there.  Love.  Teen LOVE.  What it might mean to her.  What it might mean to us.   What it means when people ask me.  What it means to me when I use the term "Live and Let Live".   We all don't have the perfect recipe in life.  No one does.  We can rely on vices.  Yes, we can preach.  But we all do what we think is right.  At that time.

That's what I do.  



Thanks for letting me get this off my big' ol chest.   And if anyone else wonders.....I LOVE GIANNI.  He is one heck of a dude.  Seriously one heck of a dude.  



Booya!


Oh.  The reason for the cute napkins?  Because I just love them.  I want them.  Soon.  They made me smile today.  Hope they helped your sweet cheeks smile too.    xo


Love,


Mama Bear

No comments: