Monday, June 4, 2012

Hun, I HAVE a hat on!!

Our Friday night was a quiet, settled one.  While Mr. Sun was playing the June Gloom game, we walked over to Starbucks on Saturday morning (Thank you Bill..because I know how much you love to spend on $$atte's when we are so close to installing our own...lol)  While we sat there, deciding on "what to do"...a little light went off...We must pick out the rest of the tile pieces, lighting...and other little errands. Especially while Mr. Sun hid.  Kali was home working on an English Project...(poor her.) We jetted around town.  We visited with some neighbor friends, and headed back home around 6.  With my quest to try a restaurant that my friend Donna has told me about over and over.   Why didn't I really absorb in my veins just what she was trying to tell me?  This restaurant has L.I.S.A. written all over it with a huge sharpie.  I mean, fancy calligraphy pen. lol -Bill and I jump in Jetta, stop and fuel up...the whole time he's wearing Dickie Shorts, Fatal Sweatshirt, Fatal Hat and Flip flops.  No worries, right?  He has no idea where I am taking us. Neither do I really. Wellp.  His chicks idea  would soon be swapped with a sign on the front door that read:  DRESS ATTIRE, MEN MUST WEAR ...basically, you better look good.  Or else.  And of course sillies, no flip flops or hat.  Not to mention Fatal Garb.  Plus I am wearing jeans...and sandals.  But you know that feeling, like a 5 year old that is just told the Ice Cream machine broke?  That was me.  I snatched his hat off his head, while cracking up, licked my hand to quickly prop up his hair like a 5 year old.  nothing wrong with a fohawk, made from spit by yo girl now is there?  nah.  Step on in.  To which I did. With my sweet schnazzy tone ME:  Hi, there's 2 of us.  THE LADY:  Do you have reservations?  ME: No I'm sorry, it's our first time here. THE LADY:  ummmm (meanwhile, fohawk boy is standing off kind of like looking the other way...) We have a table available on the patio.  ME: Perfect, we'll take it (I would always MUCH rather be outside.  Especially with a heater, and trees?) Yes please.   THE LADY:  No problem, follow me.  Silent walk to the table.  Fohawk boy following.  ME:  Wanting to crack up so bad. "Thank you so much".



They seat us on a patio that over looks this grassy area with trees and white Japanese bulbs that hang from the tree.  Jazz playing, and a heater at our table.  We still aren't out of the clear quite yet.  Fohawk/Fatal boy wants his hat back on.  I say, not yet.  Let's just make sure the coast is clear.  We both look at each other with amaze-balls of this place. 

As you walk from the main restaurant, that is very pretty with stuffy rich people, the walkway leads you to this place.  A little garage called "Il Garage"-  In Italian...The Garage.  A man singing Italian music while playing an instrument, fine wine being served, meanwhile I check out the garden in which the chef's pick their herbs from.  Can you say "fantabulous"?!!

Fohawk/Fatal boy still at table probably wondering where I went.  Snapparrazi....time!

So this place is called Park Ave./ Il Garage in Stanton Ca.  Basically for my local peeps, Garden Grove.  On Beach Blvd.  Snap-dab in the middle of the city.  So flippin awesome, funny and super cool! I love you Donna-Roo.

Check it out players. I promise you, what Donna was telling me all along should have been a sticker slapped on my forehead.  But make reservations.  And dress the stuffy snazzy way.  Yes. Go.

This is fantabulous looking right at you. 

So now the funny part.  I go back to get my partner in crime. holey jeans. yes.  Drinks ordered.  Delivered.  I hand him his hat, we laugh super hard.  Smile at our super cool server, and tell him we'll be right back...gonna go check out the garden...~

Drink in hand.  Appetizer ordered.  Can't kick out Fohawk/Fatal boy now....

                         And why I didn't get a picture of him?  I really don't know.  I wish.  He is always so handsome.  No matter what.  He was hesitant on going in. Hat, no hat, no sweatshirt...glamorized. We've done it all. We do it all.  But for some reason that night, I thought...you know, our money is green, they can set us on the patio.  We'll stick in the corner.  I have torn jeans, we love to eat good food, life is fast.  Sorry Park Ave.  We were a little grungie but we'll be back.  Maybe a little fancier next time.  

Our appetizer was the Iceberg Lettuce Wedge.  Delish.   We ordered their Maple Salmon served over brown rice. Wow. Can you see the lights hanging from the trees behind us?  Sigh...

All week long Gianni had a day planned for Kali. More birthday celebrations.  This time by someone that really means the world to her.  He texted me to let me know of his surprise. Sunday morning he'd be scooping her up for a day of fun...and just that he did.  8:30 AM Sunday morning, they were off....To the Happiest Place on Earth.  This guy....This guy....amazes me.  His way of manners, his gentleman outlook.  The way he treats her.  The kindness and caring way.  Spent the day with her best friends, and Kali....all for her!

So you know I ask her to check in through her day...part of me being a little nosy, but mostly to capture shots of their day.  Moments that I store.  Memories that she will look back on.  Gio amazes me.  He has an amazing girl too. I can say that right? haha

And so she sent me pictures.  Mac and Kell did too.  It makes my heart sing when I see my kids happy.  And when another person goes out of their way for them, my heart sings louder.   He did make her a very happy girl.  Their plan was to stay until 10.  To capture the firework show.  I kind of smiled inside, wondering if they'd be able to make it...that's a long, very long day....he brought her home by 8:30.  Ready to start their last couple weeks of school.  It's gonna be tough.  She has 2 projects to complete, tutoring, meeting groups, homework, appts.  and practices.  She was frazzled when I picked her up today.  I reminded her of the end of EVERY school year.  It's always the finishing stretch.  The anticipation.  The struggles of making the perfect grades.  The social aspect of everyone buzzing around of who's doing what....It just gets crazy.   I hope everyone has a great week.  It's been a gloomy one here in Southern California, that's fo sho!  Talk about trying to kick start the day....my coffee Starbucks latte really never kicked in today.   Be safe, enjoy the little moments and what you are handed.  Remember, someone out there always always always has it far worse than you.  They do. It's true.  Keep positive.  Be nice and good to others, I promise you, it does come back around.  Cheers!  XO

No comments: