Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kindness. It does matter.

Just to get something off my chest.  Yittle chest that is.   whatev.


This morning while standing in line at Starbucks, after being greeted as I walk in the door, with the always cheery, sweet and KIND peeps that work there... "Good morning Lisa"....  These "kids" blessed in the ripe age of maybe 23...greet me and are swamped.  Daily.  Sweetness beyond.  Always.  Smiles to keep the room lit.  Just on their energy. It's my ritual. I wonder if the ritual draws me in because of KINDNESS.  And just a good vibe.  There isn't even music in this Starbucks. It's just filled with the natural coffee loving folks like me.  And them.   The good folks. Hardworking.  Peaceful.


dun. dun. dun.  All of the sudden "Lady Grouch" walks in.  In line.  No smile.  Which I totally get.  duh..we haven't had our morning fix yet.  So ok.  She gets to the register.  Orders her drink. No please. No Thank you's.  No smile. Nada. .... this is how she rolls.

The meanie: I also want a muffin with that.

The sweet girl:  Would you like for me to warm that for you?  (smiling the whole time)

The meanie:  No.  Well, only if you don't use a microwave.  Only if. 

The sweet girl:  Oh, we don't...we use a little oven for our food. (still smiling)

The meanie:  ok.  fine.  (proceeds to pay, get her money, step out of line, no thanks no nada...walks away)


dun. dun. dun.  Moments later, she walks back to the front of the line.  Bag in hand.  Muffin in other.  

 

The meanie:  This is terrible. I want my money back. I told you I didn't want it microwaved.  

The sweet girl:  We don't use microwaves, but I will give you the refund, no problem.  (still smiling)

The meanie:  This is the most awful muffin I've ever had.  It's just terrible.  

The sweet girl:  No problem, we just want you happy.  How's your coffee?

The meanie:  Well, I haven't got to enjoy it yet, because I stand here returning this.  

The sweet girl:  Bright red race.  Still smiling.  

 

My thought for you today.  Treating others in society with rudeness will get you no-where.  Do you hear me folks? It seriously won't.  It just won't.  mk?  Kindness will open doors, smiles will open doors.  

Stuff like this sours the environment, and fills a room with disgust. I know some of you are guilty of the whole process of saying pleases, and thanks you's.  You are human.  You might forget.  Or maybe if you are normal like me with hormones that kick our asses at times...you too guys, don't sit there like you have no chemicals that make up your bodies. lol.  Sometimes it isn't easy being kind. Or respectful.  Force it.  Just for the moment.  There is no reason to be rude. 

 

Maybe you weren't taught this mannerism.  And that's ok.  Take my advice.  You're welcome.  lol


Starting today people....try to look at the person that is SERVING you with some dignity.  Maybe a little bit of respect?   They are working.  They aren't mooching off society.  They are working.  Where ever they are.  Working.  Who cares if it's a restaurant or fast food.  They are working.   Be kind.  Be appreciative.  Tell them so.  They want/need to hear it.  


That lady is miserable.  And trust me, we all know a few of those, right?  Right.  We do.  Pray for them.

Kindness starts with me.  Kindness starts with you.  Smile. 


Now I feel better.    If I made you think about that for just one minute of your day? Good, I've done my job.  


Happy Tuesday folks. Made my last school lunch this morning.  2 more breakfasts' to cook.  4 more books to turn in.   2 more early mornings of driving sweet cheeks to escuela.  I am so close.  We are so close.  

 

Summertime folks!  Long days, green grass, concerts by the pier, yummy ice-cream, fresh fruit, chilled wine and lots of sunshine!  XO

 

Be kind.  Be thankful.  Life is hard, but so good. And Karma is a beyatch.  Mean lady might stub her toe today. lol. 

  P.S. If you want something to make you smile. Cry.  And smile some more.  Watch this:

Jeweller Top Marriage Proposals: Isaacs Live Lip-Dub Proposal 

 Yes. I am a fool for proposals.  Love them. 

 

 

Lisa ( Kind feller) 


No comments: