Friday, June 22, 2012

Happiness. Love. Celebrations. Summer. Mending kids.

We celebrated Kyoko's birthday last night. Hennessy's.  Seal Beach.  Soccer Mom's and Coach/Friend Laura.  It's always sweet to sit and chat.  Half price martini's.  Yup, you read that right.  Couldn't have picked a better place.  AND....Silly hour ends at 7!!  Whew.  More time to chat. More time to catch up.  Birfday girl.  Birfday Present. From me.  Think she likes?  All that glitz says Kyoko.  xo

Buddies.  For life.

So this morning, and EACH morning, I check the Mending Kids website, as I was instructed to do by Maria. I am curious. I am proud. I am happy for them. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.  BAM, there they were.  Walking the streets of Antigua.  Alive. Helping.  Giving.  My friends.  How I await the stories.  How I await the pictures.  Can't wait til they return..................  YOU GIRLS ROCK....Times 10!!!

And this beautiful girl rocks. My niece.  She stopped by the other day...and stayed well into the evening.  I love to chat with her, and Kali. Especially both at the same time.  I sit back and remember the two playing.  Sharing toys (now it's clothes), and sometimes not.  Tori most always taking Kali's bows out of her hair.  Kali getting so so dirty.  Tori keeping her clothes, face and hands super clean.  Kali wanting to play in the sprinklers.  While not one bribery tool would get Tori in that sprinkler.  Ever.   Never ever.  Tears would flow.  

She is so lovely.  So beautiful. So tall.  Doing so well.  I am proud of her.  That is one resilient chick. 

These are the days.  These are the days that we all look back on.  Except my/our summers were 1986.  They were fun.  The beach most always involved.  Friends, friends and more friends.  They were the glue that kept me together.  A few that I will forever owe my soul to.   Happy Friday Folks.  I have more fun stuff to post, but must wait until  Monday.  Kali insisted.  So I always grant her wish.  Now go play youngin's.  Play like it's 1986.  or maybe 1968. (careful not to get caught rollin' dirty...lol)  Or something close.   CHEERS TO FRIDAY FOLKS!  XOXO  Always more X's!   I will be back in blogschmog land Monday.  Bill and I promised each other all things house warming.  Shop till we drop.  My mind will be a' spinnin'.  you know me...always looking for a deal.  This girl balls on a budget.   



No comments: