Sunday, June 10, 2012

Live with passion.

Another Sweet 16...And while Miss. Kali celebrated with her gurrrlfwends at Kobe's for Nicole...Her parents and bro headed to the big Mother Ship.  Also called The Queen Mary...and we kissed Friday night into the sky!

And, I have another new small camera.  I have a few now.  Duh.  Who doesn't carry a camera around EVERYWHERE she/he goes.  At all times. Time to learn to work it.  Or at least how to ask someone to take these action shots.  So sit back folks and just look at these candid shots. 

Laughter is good for you, right? 

You can say/think whatever you want here. Maybe there was a bug on the ground? hmm.  Well, actually to the photographer....Did we say ready?  um, don't think so.  But it's ok. Thank you.  I still love it. and love you for taking them.  or course silly.

Ink-n-Iron.  The sillies have arrived. 

i told you so. 

Mama and the boy. 

Oh. And lots of beautiful girls. Everywhere.  With super high heels on. Can you say sacrifice for beauty?  You know those doggies are a'hollering by sundown.  Well, ok, mine were. 

Fatal.  Great booth spot again this year.  Fatal is on Fiii--rrrrrrrr!!! 

Three Musketeers. 


What?  Why?  Every time I see this sign it cracks me up.  Seriously funny stuff right there. 

Friday nights line up.  TSOL...and Suicidal Tendencies.  Right dab snap behind our booth. 

See? 

I have this silly desire to be as close to the band or stage as I can.  I just do.  Punk Rock, Classic Rock, Jazz, whatever.  Get me to the front.  Well, of course, the Mosh Pit was growing by the minute.  But my curiosity always gets the best of me.  And so I muddle my way to the front.  Crazy fun stuff.  Kris and friends danced moshed in there.  His Mom, stood by, observing.   Laughing, dancing.  Enjoying every minute I could listening.  I love love it. 

Some of the things I catch. I love. Simplicity.  Keeping it real.  I mean who doesn't love an old truck?  Where has it traveled?  Who did it carry?  Are they still with us? Do they wonder where their old truck is?  Do they think of it?  I can say it was proudly displayed for us to admire.  And for that I thank them.  Wherever they are on this Earth or sky.  Cool stuff right there. 

Yes. I must agree.  Well, most of us.  Right?  Can't speak for those that can't/didn't/won't. Or able to, maybe someday.  Pray. 

After scooping up Kali from Mac's, we proceeded to make our way through In-n-Out, rolled into my house.  I made everyone sit in my living room at the coffee table, moving away my gazillion picture frames just to sit with everyone.  Kind of neat when your family is all back together.  Midnight.  Safe.  Healthy.  Able. Smiling.  Fun stuff.  Reminiscing of the fun that we all shared.  Different places.  Different people. Saying "Good-nights" to each-other, knowing we'd be back up in a few hours with more visits to make, parties to attend, celebrating the life we are given.  Our niece Raquel is going into the Air Force to play on their Volleyball team.  Talk about AWESOME!  Talk about exciting (well, until the tears start to fall from Sandra ..(mommy) and makes us all cry...happy tears of course...but still..)  So proud of Miss. Raquel.  I admire you more than I can put into words.  Go get em brave, brave, brave girl.  Yesterday was her 18th Birthday.  First born.  Going away.  3 things we celebrated.  Birthday.  Graduation.  Air Force.  These are the days....

Those big beautiful brown eyes.  Ready to take on more than we might ever get to experience.  So proud.

Dream the impossible.  How true this is. 

Our other niece.  Regina.  Kali and Regina are 2 months apart.  Buddies.  Growing like weeds.  Well, beautiful vines. 

Natural sweet beauty. 

We visited with family for a few hours, changed our clothes...and headed back to Ink-n-Iron.  This time Kali in tow.  She people watches, cracks up with her Mama. And is always the perfect companion to help.   Fatal booth was rocking last night.   It still amazes me.   So stoked. 

Ok, now for the GREAT STUFF sillies.  When we got home last night, I walked into more appliances installed.  2 priorities here.  Wine chiller in. Check. 

Cappuccino/espresso machine in.  CHECK! 

And here what you see folks is something I have envisioned for many many years.  Well, like 6. I am talking many moments of "hun, when can/will we get to be able to finish?"  I knew the priorities $$.  I had to.  I kept dreaming.  I kept quiet.  We planned.  Drew it out.  We would sit on the dock and pencil in our heads what we wanted.  Look at this!  Look.  And for those that really know me, I appreciate this more than the sun and moon.  Kidding. not those two important things in my life. Now I am talking crazy.  ha.  I am not a material girl. I am pretty simple. I think I am.  Bill might say otherwise, somedays, but, heck, so not true.   ha.   No seriously. I am so excited.  So thankful.  So ready to cook, toast, and have many fun summer nights, watching the sun go down.  With friends and family.   Just wanted to give you all a sneak peek-a-boo.   Happy Sunday folks.  Kali is meeting with her study partner...Kelly.  Getting ready to close out the year.  Finals, books, yearbooks, last project.  All things end of school year.  So glad it's finally this close.   Tomorrow I will work in the media room for a lil, while kids hand back those heavy books they've hauled around for the many months of school.  Bill and Kris are back at The big' ol ship today.  I chose to get my chores done early.  Blogging now.  Dinner layout in a few and Trader Joe's here I come.  hope everyone stayed safe this weekend.  I love this weather.  Not hot. Cool mornings to snuggle.  Kali and I actually went on a super cool long walk this morning.....Enjoy the nice perfect afternoon.   Cheers to you all.  


Much kindness from me to you.  


(speaking of kindness.  i arrived home very late last night...to a super cute candle holder, and photo book from a friend, and attached was a little thank you card on my porch.  I often leave little gifts of love with appreciation for things people do for me, or especially love passed onto my kids.  I marinate in it. I seriously love kind loving people.  and so she was thanking me, for giving them love(Fatal Shirts)...and other kind little things.  She commented to me on Friday while in passing.."Lisa you are so kind".  Well to me?  It makes a full circle. I can't tell you enough peeps. Be kind to others. It always makes it's way back. Wouldja trust me here? mk. cool. )  


XO.  Happy Sunday. blehk! haha.  Just kidding. Time for me to focus on my week.  

Booya. 

No comments: