Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chapter 16.

Summer started.  The next day Camp started. The first day of: "Mom can I drive?"   Mom said, "ummm sure."   And so what you see here, is that gleam that we all had during the first phase of driving.  That CAN'T WAIT TO JUST DRIVE...ANYWHERE...SOMEWHERE...NOW...feeling.  Can you just see the love in that steering wheel grip? 

And so each day she drives.  And it goes something like this.  ME: Hun, make sure you look really good (as we back out of our driveway) KALI: Mom, I did.  ME:  Do you think we're going a little fast? KALI: OH. sorry.  What is the speed limit?  ME: Um, I don't know..but lets get it under 45 k?  KALI:  K.   ME:  Ok, so when we pull into this intersection to go left, don't get too close to the car in front of you, and maybe go a little slower.  KALI: Mom, I'm not..I'm totally fine  ME:  Try and put your blinker on a little earlier next time KALI:  Mom, it's 200 ft.  ME: Oh. ok.  KALI:  When the light is green can I make a right without stopping? ME: Yup just make sure you are watching for those cars turning too.  Kali..CAREFUL...did you see that car on our right?!  KALI : MOM!  don't raise your voice it freaks me out... ME: Sorry.      ----  So you can see a little tid-bit of what/how the drive rolls out.  Each day.  Over and over again.  I try to be so calm, and talk in a calm format. But it doesn't always roll out the way you'd expect.  Sometimes my fears jump in the way, and it gets crazy in that little Jetta.  Let me just say.  ONE CANNOT PREPARE ENOUGH FOR THESE DAYS.  My Aunt Susie taught me to drive.  I was 14.  Stick Shift. Chevy Chevette. On the freeway.  She didn't peep a word.  HOW in the world did you do it Susie!?   





And so I say this little owl will learn each day.  Another part of the series in Chapter 16.  Another part of life that any one of you with little fellers will someday endure. And trust me the day creeps up fast.  Very fast.  Please pray for all the teens out there on the road.  Pray that other drivers have patience (BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE RUDE) and that she/they are safe.  Pray for your friend Lisa.  That she doesn't have a heart-attack during this process. And doesn't want a tall can shot gun while doing so.  KIDDING.  Settle down, don't get all worried. lol!

 That these days remain calm.  Safe. and True.

So....that's what's happening on Wednesday folks.  We are halfway through the week.  Hope you are making the best of yours.  That you remember what life is about.   Eating good. Keeping it healthy. Finding small chat with those that need it.  Smiling at someone in need.  And helping where you can.  Especially to those that aren't expecting.  


Cheers playa's! 


L

No comments: