Friday, August 1, 2014

Following a passion.

This dude has gone through several different hobbies.  Although I had him very young, I always followed his love for active sports, animals, and his love for the water....I most always shared so many moments together with this dude.  I read to him every.single.night.  I volunteered at his schools, and where ever my help was needed.  I was always "room mom"-  And most always, that Mom that would stand up when needed for him.



From surfing, to skateboarding, to bmx riding.  I've driven him to the farthest tracks, to the local ones too.  I remember my old little Jetta's road trips with them, and we'd high five eachother as we arrived back home from far away places- "She made it"-  ha!

I've sat on the sand in the very early foggy mornings, while he competed with NSSA (Surfing).  Soon, he'd end up purchasing at least 5 boards.  All sizes, shapes, and colors.

He's bought and sold at least 5 bmx bikes as well during his middle and high school years....


We've gone through electric scooters, gas scooters, and razors.

I'm quite sure many neighbors scrunched their noses at him, as I matter of fact I am very quite sure they have.
Skateboards, ramps, bikes, noise, more noise....friends.  All of it.  Haters gonna hate.  

Raising boys takes a different menu. That's for sure.  As they say, "boys will be boys"-

He has a passion for all living animals...so much so, that I would get asked at least twice a month to go buy fish, lady bugs at Home Depot, snakes, iguana's, lizards.  You name it, we've bought em.

His latest passion has been free diving and spear fishing.....This dude does not get sea sick. Neither does Kali. Talk about lucky duckies!!  He heads out just about every weekend, and at least one night a week.
He dives off of Palos Verde, and he heads way out into the Mexico waters.  A great crew of guys.
A beautiful chance to be with nature.  The great wide ocean is the perfect antidote for a stressful week selling fiberglass parts.  That's for dang sure.
We have a freezer full of fish.  What he catches WILL get eaten.
The one thing we all have in common in our home is the love for the ocean.
If Bill and I didn't get so sea sick, we always say we'd be right out there with him.


My wishes and dreams in this life is that my kids follow their passions.  Follow the dreams or the hobbies that make their hearts most full.

Staring out at the great big sea, or sitting next to your buddy while coming in from a perfect day on the ocean is what this life is all about.

As much as I nag him about staying safe (I'm scared he'll get tangled in sea weed), there is nothing better than a text from him while coming in with pictures of this happiness.

This. Right.  Here.


Living for today.  Because we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

Happy Throw Back Thursday!

Love,
This Mama Lisa

No comments: