Friday, August 22, 2014

The opposite of what they are.

Every single time I come across this picture, this huge overwhelming chuckle seeps from my soul. 

There is something to be said, about "judging a book by it's cover"-  just like judging this, by what you see-

These girls are so opposite from gangsta, so it cracks me up. 

Their brains will be filled with all things academics.  No partying.  All school work. I just know it.  jay.kay.

So, when I'm feeling down and miss them, I will stare at this. 



So far so good on moving Kali in. 

Tuesday we delivered a few goods to her dorm. Shhh. 

Wednesday we received several text, and voice messages that CSUSM was on lock down due to a white bald male, with a white shirt and jeans carrying a rifle on campus.  After almost 2 hours of searching the lock down was released.  Man found was carrying an umbrella. So there was that.  boom.

Thursday our day was filled with all things "finalizing" before we give her the boot-

Friday will be filled with lots of hugs.  Lot's of praise.  I'm sure many text and phone messages, and many, many many oh so many hugs. 

And of course.... a whole lot of love. 

Have a good weekend kids. 

I plan to cuddle up with my snuggle bug and praise myself for getting my littlest to where she has landed.

Just keep me away from Martini's.  And we'll alllll be good.

Love and Peace to you all.

Lisa, the Mama that is feeling grateful, and proud. xo

A huge thank you to all that send love, suggestions, notes, you name it, you make me, ME! For sending her love, and me notes, I will forever and ever be grateful. 

Mom, Dad (who I barked at with frustrations last week-sorry), Shelley, Kyoko, Tina, Bill (who left me the absolute sweetest card...more on that later), Sandra, Melanie, Maria, and Andrea.  Thank you!!! 


A reminder and note to you dudes/dads/lovers/hubs/boyfriends/whatever you are-

Send a card, or leave a note- A love note paves a way like no other.  A reminder.  LOVE, where you both began. Before kids, before stress, before it all.  It started with gushy love.  NOW go do it. 

Until next time......

1 comment:

erica @ to the sea said...

What an exciting time of life for your baby girl.... And that's a great reminder at the end of your post! ;)