Thursday, August 7, 2014

When you have.

Friends that come to celebrate your new beginnings.

Those same friends that hugged you tight on the first days of school, and certainly held you tighter on the last days.  Those friends that held you up when the tides pulled away harder than you ever expected.  Those friends.  These friends. 
Your Mom sets up little tables to represent you. Like pictures of you as a little girl, and baby. 



She handmade your signs, because why buy when her heart fills the paper with more joy from your Mom's hands.

She asked everyone to fill out these little cards with notes of love for the lonely days away. 

Because these girls will fly in different directions, and won't be there to hold you up.
 Family flies down from Nor Cal to celebrate with, and for you.

Sorry Crue-man, my one and only shot, and I gotcha with em' closed.  boo.















And your childhood babysitter shows up with the young man that helped take care of you too...

Mamarazzi glare.


Best Friend.
Cousin.  Sister.
She said to me, "Mom, thank you so much for my party, it was pretty much awesome"- 
It's always what rings beautiful to my ears.  It just does. 




2 of the six pack come over in a little row boat.  Hey Randy and Carmen!
Family.....




When your brother writes a little love note to you for another day in your dorm.

And when your brother also decides to unleash the beast, and paddle the new dock away, and your Dad is stoked.

I mean, when the party let's loose, why not go with it...

"We're not here for a long time, just a good time"

Memories for a lifetime.
On Sunday, after the races, we sat through her gift opening.  Many beautiful cards. Many beautiful notes, and many gifts from the heart.  This book sat there with a ribbon around it.  It wasn't until the next early morning as I sipped my coffee, sat it on my lap and began to read. 

"Oh the places you'll go!"

By, Dr. Seuss-

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.  And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.  About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."  With your heads full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.

You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed.
You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest....


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the book, I sat reading on my bed.  Tears filled my silly eyes.  Not because of the tune.
But because I never knew this book was intended for college bound students.
And to know a friend wrote a note in it, handed it over to our girl.  Priceless. 
Shell, you are a light in Kali and my life.  Especially this month. xo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And will you succeed?
Yes!  You will, indeed!
(98% and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

Kid, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!



Happy Thursday Kids,

Thanks for being patient as I uploaded these.

Monday night I served Gaylord dinner...and helped there.
Tuesday night I shared wine tasting with Maria here.
Wednesday night I shared dinner with Mel here
Tonight we celebrate Gianni's 19th year on this Earth.  A day after they stammered around the island.





Busy mom, yes indeed, tired eyes and tired feet, trying to rhyme yet have some fear that you all have given up on my blogging, oh dear. haha



CHEERS!

This happy and exhausted Mama Lisa

Happy Birthday Gio, we love you baby boy.  xoxo

No comments: