Monday, August 11, 2014

The vines of me.

Saturday was a planned visit to the cemetery to celebrate our cousin "Zander's" birthday. We lost him very tragically years ago.  To arrive here, and climb up the hill to see my family was just what I needed.  The air was muggy, the grass was inviting, the smiles were plentiful, and the hugs were even better. 
We've shed enough tears throughout the years.  We miss him.  He was so full of life.  I held my face up in the air and smiled much, however it wasn't until we attempted to sing to him that my eyes filled with tears.
But, can we talk about how adorable these two are?  I mean isn't my cousin Lexi, just gorgeous?!  And what about little London?  Oh my....
My beautiful Aunt Susie and cousin Damian-

My other beauty of an Aunt Nettie.  Our rock.  And Jeff!




Some of my roots.  Zander, we miss you little buddy. 
Saturday night we ventured over to The Jacob resident for a garage party.  Fun was totally had.
Shelley, what a partaay!

Sunday morning we were blessed with another yummy breakfast served by Bill.  Banana pancakes our fav!
Honey, those little Sunday morning breakfasts' are thee cutest little treats.  Everything about our lazy Sunday was really what our whole family needed. 
 I know that you meant business with the "gardening" when I came out to see ONE leaf. 
 Take that!  Lime tree that won't flourish.  Take that.
Yesterday I put some burger paddy's together, sliced up some veggies, grabbed a bag of Lays-and we headed over to Gaylords.  Selfie on the go.  This is after Bill and I actually rescued an older man who had fallen off a paddle board, and was totally in distress in the very middle of the harbor as the tide was ripping out.  So scary.  The look on his face of mercy and appreciation makes me relieved now just thinking of our chance to help. Within a few more minutes things would have taken a serious turn. Note to people, make SURE to attach a leash to your ankle if you aren't experienced.   #boatangels. 
The kiddo's headed over before us on paddleboards. 


Get it girl.

Our weekend was peaceful, sweet, and full of love.   Just like these little sugars who blessed our eyes, and super blessed our dock.

The chance to sit with family was everything I needed.

Celebrating what would have been Zander's 32 birthday here on Earth.

We played Volleyball on the beach Saturday afternoon.

Danced the night away with my closest girlfriends and Bill.  (No pic's- Camera battery died. Shhh don't tell Bill) 

Had the most peaceful Sunday as of lately.

Mackenzie leaves tomorrow, and so tonight I will wrap my love around Kali's heart, and hold the best of the best wishes for our little Mac Dut.  For Cindy, Thom and Mitchell, may you be proud.  Of you, of her and of all of this!  xo

Happy Monday party people.

xo
L

No comments: