Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When his biggest fear creeps up.

As most of you know, my parents live up in the High Sierra's. Amador County to be exact.  Last weekend this happened...a reminder of our drought.  A reminder of how precious this life is.  And how quick things can change.

From where we stood last year in August....




Same spot.  On Friday my Dad reached the command post asking questions to anyone willing to answer him.  The first firefighter said, "get home, pack up and get out".
With animals, and a house full of memories, it was incredibly tough to get home and rally what seems an easy task.  It wasn't.  Broke my heart to think of him driving as fast as he could to my Mom. His arms shaking as he drove.  When I talked to him yesterday he was still very shaken up.  The adrenaline rush seemed to run the opposite way.  Tears and a lump in my throat floated to the top like a bubble in water...


Their livelihood, their memories. Their nest, their everything is up on their hill.
The resources that showed up is incredible.  Take this as a reminder of how delicate these things can be.
These guys that come in risking their lives.  Navigating through this hell on Earth.  Pretty bad ass flying if you ask me.  


From their property....


Dad...and Mom....I am hoping and praying that you guys can get through this dry season with peace, and safety.

We hear talk of an El Nino coming our way....and boy let me say....we can't ask for this weather pattern fast enough....

Bless our fire fighters, Cal Fire, the volunteers, and city workers that will assure the safety of my parents and all those affected up there.  Stay strong, stay alert, and live for today.


When I sit and talk with my Dad, he often bring up the fear of fire during the summer. It's his every day living fear all summer long.  So sad, this landed so so close. 

May peace be with you....

L

No comments: