Friday, August 8, 2014

Moments.

This morning I was preparing my bag to leave for work and I moved a box that has been sitting on my floor since Kali's party.  In that box holds a few little books, and lots and lots of pictures.
In those books are notes and letters that I have written to my kids.  I started writing to them while pregnant. Shocker.
In those notes, and books hold so many memories for me. 
I sat down on my couch for a minute and proceeded to scroll through some.

Kris was almost named Kyle.
Kali was almost named Kimberly.

They both walked at ten months.  They both ate very well, and never chose the picky route with food. I guess I never let them.  I nursed Kali while working until she was 11 months.  Something I am very proud of.
Kris on the other hand tore up my tata's and at nineteen, I gave up. Something I am not proud of.  However, it's weird, I don't think it's affected him, as I know he loves tata's. ha.

In that box, also holds their outfits from the first days at home. Bonnets, socks, bibs, you name it.

My boy will be 25 in about a week.  To say this blows me away is an understatement-
It's all very real on how life is changing. 

As I sit next to this box, there is a living room filled with dorm stuff.  As much as the clutter is bugging me, it's breaking my little heart to know that once it's cleaned out, and moved to San Marcos, that will be it.
My bathroom seems dirty, hair everywhere from her, flat iron still out, electric toothbrush sitting out, lotions, and makeup still out.   A reminder that this is temporary.  All of it. 

I keep telling her "let's just act like your going to camp for like two weeks, and pack like that..k"- 
She laughs.
I laugh too.

The book of life is moving pretty fast.  As I said to Bill last night driving home from celebrating this dude.

We need to enjoy this life.  It's flying faster than we ever expected, and we need to live it.

He said..." I know hun"-

Tonight is a night to exhale.  For both of us.  Together.  On our time, doing what we want.

I hope you all have a super sweet weekend.  That you find peace in whatever you feel to be good.



For us?  We will partayyy like garage monkeys with you Shelley-shelley-bo-lellie.  Can't wait to shake our tail feathers!

Love,

Leese

ps.  “Peace begins with a smile.”

pss.  Give your best anyway. 

“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives:
Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends
and true enemies: Succeed anyway. If you find serenity and
happiness, they may be jealous of you: Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten by tomorrow: Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough:
Give your best anyway.” ~ Mother Teresa

No comments: