Monday, October 29, 2012

Fireballs, Sunshine and Victorville Socca.

Friday ended like this- 6 of us bbq'n. At the Reynolds. Waterside, warm night.  Catching the very last bit of Mr. Sunset.  I thought the attire was all white, and pants pulled up to the moon.  Yes, that's me.  Yes, I laughed hard while viewing these pic's today.  Wth.  Maybe it's the little things I catch.  But THAT my friends is redic.  Seriously wow. psss.  Don't show the kids.  #theymakefunalready.


And so let me introduce you to Mr. Fireball.  This is some good shiz right here.  Seriously yummy.  Carmen decides to bring this bottle down to share the moments with us. 

 

And it was kissing away one of those weeks.  This cinnamon warmness that filled our bellies with silly glory.

Oh.  And this my friends?  Russ' goodness.  Bratwursts, pronounced "broughtworst".  HAHA.  I was corrected by Bill several times.  Well, excuuuuuuse me...  These fellers were the BEST I've ever had.  Ever.  He simmered them in beer first, I mean duh, what else would you simmer them in Leese.  Russ you rock.  Because these green beans stole the show too.  #octoberfestruss.   

 

I don't know why Carmen would do this to us.  We are trying so hard to be good.  And she brings these little gems out.  AND forced me to take home 6 for Kali.  #stilloncountertop.  HA!

Because we were more concerned about Whiskey and hot-tubbin.  And you might wonder what Randy is doing? No, he's not eating sunflower seeds.  That is sipping Whiskey from the cap.  #wherestheshotglasses. 

 

 

Oh, right here.

Love, Friendship and middle fingers. 


seriously love and friendship.  forever, and ever.


and ever.

Saturday morning was one of those gorgeous mornings.  Where the wind kisses your cheeks on the beach, and warmth from the sun closes your eyes.  Kali and Bill proposed a nice run on the beach, so I proceeded to abandon my i-pad, magazine, and cozy clothes in exchange for running clothes, sunglasses, and sandals for this.  


And yes, it was good.  Very good.  Especially when I ran along side my Chapter 16 girl.  And she was encouraging me all the live long way.  She smiled, and said words of praise.  For those that have little ones, especially girls, it's really amazing when the tables get turned as they grow older.  Tables turn. Praises turn. And it feels so very good.  She might not know until she's a mama.  But her smile will forever be imbedded in me.  She would look back and smile with a "mom, come on, you can do it, keep going".  It is priceless.  These moments are.  They really are.  She ran ahead and caught this of me.  And it was in my email this morning.  Kali. Amazing. 

This is what we caught at Jetty's end.  Kind of gross, kind of weird.  Litter from the ocean.  Innocent, but there.  Although Kali insisted on putting something up, I hope someone catches this and gets it all down soon.  #iseeatrendhere.  yuck.


So we all know what "offshore" winds mean right?  When the warm desert air comes over the mountains and out over the ocean.  And so, you can see Palos Verdes, Catalina, Newport.  Warm salty air.  No waves, but so much sunshine and goodness.  I could have stayed there all day long.

But we needed to get home to catch this.  You all remember our nephew Derek right?  Remember Derek would compete at the London Bridge competition during Thanksgiving?  Well, he's now attending  Pace University in New York. Talk about a kid moving mountains.  He is.  He texted us Saturday morning.  His meet would be aired live.  We caught it.  It's amazing to say the least.  And today's headlines on the front of their web page?  SLAYTON SETS RECORD IN 100 BREAST STROKE IN HOME OPENING MEET.   Seriously you guys, tenacious ways, determination, hard work and dedication.  Deker, you make us proud little one.  Well, tall big guy now.  Just look at him you guys.  Look! Woop Woop!












 


Kali and Gio had ANOTHER dinner date, and movies.  We all tucked away early for an early rise and away game in Victorville.  Here.

More new fields.  More travels. I am capturing and enjoying all I can while I can.  We were playing the #1 team in our division.

 


Oh.  No biggy.  Especially when the coach is speaking right at your girl.  No biggy.  Eddie, we got this. 


I've always watched and observed other coaches ethics, teams traditions, rituals, and little moments that families and teams share.  It's always amazed me.  Because we've played dirty rude teams, mediocre teams, and super nice polite teams.  I've seen teams pray like you see above. I've heard teams chant these chants that sound beast like.  I've seen coaches yell and freak like no other.  I've seen quiet coaching, and rude girls all mixed into one.  We've seen it all.  But I will say....when I see a team quietly pull together in prayer before a game, it makes me smile.  Inside and out.  That is goodness.  It's a quiet before the storm.  The base for the boom.  It's good.  Although I don't like organized religion, I like traditions, or  whatever pulls anything together.  I just do.  I like this. 


And I sat almost directly in front of this.  We all tried really hard to keep off the grass.  HA! oh my.   hmm.  Soccer field+grass= parents watching.  (their field did kick azz though in the grass dept.  Wow, good stuff)

Our pre-game ritual. 


Kali had her game on yesterday. That girl was on fire.  I LOVE to watch her play hard, and aggressive. 


We've traveled far and close, since Kindergarten for soccer.  I want to see tough hard-core soccer.  I do. 


And that she did. 

Playing the number one team. 


And we took home the win.  On their field.  We did.  2-1.  BOOM.

And this boy was at Bella's house. Kris and Lizo went to my parents.  I jonzed for pictures all weekend.  Every time I would get a text, I couldn't open my phone fast enough.  Life up there.  Pictures of my parents.  My Mom.  My Dad.  Bella their dog.  Their home.  That included all things earth, and any creature that passes through. 

And I will leave you with some big prayer for all the folks on the East Coast. This shiz is super scary.  It's gonna get real, and scary soon.  Very soon.  It will effect all of us more than we may know right now.  There is also a full moon right now.  So if you've been mistakenly treated like dirt by any of those you love or don't love?  Well, you've been warned.  High tides and freaks come out.  Be ready.  Smile, because the only thing we can do is deal and cope.  Be good.  Stay true. And eat whole foods.  It's better.  Trust me. 


No comments: