Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A week in a nutshell. Or something like that.

The girl played in Redondo.  Our plan was to jet away shortly after she played.

 

Best friends at half.  Every time I see them exit or enter the field together it makes me smile.  Inside and out.  I smile.  That smile generates from the little history they have together.  The many memories, and many more for many years.  Looking back some day when they are both adults, maybe married, with children. These days.  These very days.  They will be missed.  They just don't know that right now.  Do they.


Which brings me to Sav.  Our goalie.  Whom I've known for 5 years now.  This girl entering Chapter 16. The strength it takes to be a goalie. The stress. The pain. This life. I caught this shot while she watched our team strike for a penalty kick.  Wondering what is going on in her head.  When the shoe is on the other foot.  I love you little one.  You make me proud. 

So Saturday night we walk outside for B to show me our new boat cover.  And as we walk out to the dock.  Our little showcase bad askmenomorequestions boat is underwater.  Yup kids, underwater.  After a few shitz, and ah fawks, and a quick jaunt down to see the damage, yes she was unda wata.  So we grabbed buckets, a neighbor grabbed a bucket...and the fun began.  For 2 hours it began....to break our backs. 

 

And as this went on, B was suppose to pick up his new truck.  B played  $$ games all week to get the price where it should be....this seriously held us up.  Talk about timing.  Talk about working that dealer for every minute that it was worth.  I'm like, hun should you call him.  He's like, no.  I've got to handle this.  So we handled this.  While I sipped white wine after unloading about 2 million buckets of water....along with the help of a yittle bilge we were complete.  Stereo done.  Engine done.  Everything inside, done.  Is this a sign? You know when little signs pop up?


So the next day, was a new day.  And a new truck did blossom.  Congrats B.  We have new cars.  They smell good.  They drive good.  They make you realize how lucky we are.  How thankful we are too.  Off to the lake we went.  Pulling the 52.  Together.  Watching the sun rise over the mountains.  With our coffee and smiles.  Many many smiles. 

To arrive here. 



Oh and here.  The days and nights begin to change.  The evenings are so perfect.   You know those moments where you wiggle your feet while you lay in the lounge chair and just look around.  Ya, like that perfect.  Notice the lights on the lake.  Red. White. and Blue.  Merrrica.  Love it. Or leave it. 


Which brings me to my next exciting news.  B had 8 ladies show up to clean.  EIGHT.  And they seethed through each room.  Wiping, scrubbing, opening, closing, wiping, dusting. FOR 2 HOURS KIDS!  Nothing short of amazing.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I did go on a very long walk.  I shopped, I sipped coffee, and played on my ipad.  Look at that floor.  Can I get a holla?


Oh, and we had new audio installed and tv's. And alarms.  So this rock-star can shake some windows. The guys came up for 2 days to make it happen.  Thank you fellers.   I inherited the need for loud music mixed with cocktails.  Especially after martini-mode.  Make it loud.  And make it good. 

I sat here a couple of times and just reflected.  Thankful.  Happy.  Peaceful. 


Of what we have.  What we've worked hard to keep.  To enjoy.  This life.  Thankful.


Because if I leave this Earth tomorrow.


I would have captured some very good times.  Considering my life in the younger years.  I will have captured enough to make my heart stay still. 


With this guy.  This guy that treats me like a princess.  And no I am not trying to cram gush in your faces.   I am speaking truth.  This guy.  I am thankful.  I feel love.  Always.  Unless he's hungry and needs to eat because he can be a monster.  ha.  Seriously though.  He does. 

I spent almost every morning sitting right here.  In this corner.  I missed the kids. I really did.  I worked , I read, I walked.  I decorated. I read some more.  I poured wine.  Water.  Texted friends and family.  All from this little corner.  Temps were 90 highs, and 70 lows.  Perfect.


I chipped my toenail.  Wanted to cry.  Wanted to punch something.  Wanted a pedicure like now.  Couldn't.  So I just sipped more water wine. 


Someone heard a fast boat making a pass. 


Yes, he did.

Beautiful huh? HA!  I took this picture because in the backseat, was the cutest, more stylish blanket you will ever see.  And I will find it.  I will own it.  Soon.  You watch.

 

Dad, this speaks you.  You would love it. 


Happy cars.  Happy lives.  Sunshine.  Green grass.  Boom.

My fav color of the moment. 


Light teal.  I love you light teal

And so we had our spot. 


Next to this spot.


Which was next to Michael Anthony (Van Halen).  Guess who LOVES Fatal?  Guess who's daughter LOVES Fatal?  Him.  Guess who wore Fatal all weekend long?  This guy.  Guess who exchanged numba's to further be in contact with B.  This guy.  So look for Fatal while he plays, players.   #ineedanosejob.

My silly side =   Everytime this raffle goes by, and they ask if I want to buy a ticket?  I can't help but reply with "oh, no thanks".  And die of laughter inside.  WHO in the heck does this?  Kali, we won you a new engine for jetta-girl. vroom vroom.  hahahaha!

 

Our dinner on Saturday was College Street.  These two little red beauties parked outside made me smile.  So cute. 


On to the races.  I was a bit hesitant at first.  I was tired.  From doing really nothing.  But it was our last night.  I wanted to go home and crawl onto the couch and just relax.  But B said, hun, let's check it out.   And so we did......

And I was so very happy we did. 


Our friend Dave raced. 


Numba #47.  Dave Blankenship.  Good peep. 

Dave in the blue.  Good guy.


I sat there while all the cars were first lined up.  Music playing in the backround, to the tune of like Guns n Roses.  I don't know why...but goosebumps covered my body.  Looking around at all the American Folk.  Looking at all the kids playing on the bleachers.  The many families.  The perfect night.  The National Anthem was sung.  Tears crept up in my eyes.  They just did.  And soon later at what I would say was like their half-time, the song "Proud to be an American" played...and I sat just above a guy in a wheel chair, with his hands raised high. Signing every single word.  Staring at the flag across the track. I could do nothing else but just watch this guys true happiness, and pride.  The All American feel we ALL felt there in those bleachers.  The feeling I really can't describe, you'd have to be there.  But maybe goosebumps and tears speak for something? 

 

Friends of friends cheering on #47.  Good stuff there.  We will be back.  We will.  Most of Dave's friends came dressed as rednecks.  All to show spirit.  And boy that spirit kept us laughing the entire night.

Because when you buy tickets, you have the whole seat....or you will need to just sit on the edge.  Love it!


I came home to a surprise from my friend Nikki.  All things I love.  A card. Dave Matthew Band new cd, some new salon socks...and look at that owl.  Her card made me cry.  She lives close by.  Used to work together.  We know so much about each other, yet live busy lives daily.  I have surprised her with goodies on her doorstep.  It's these sweet little offerings that mean so much.  Simple, full of love.  creating surprising smiles.  oh, and tears.  Nik, i love u.

We missed some friends this year.  Everyone had different schedules this year.  And that's ok.  It worked out good for all of us.  Happy Anniversary Jaymee and Sean.  We did miss your smiles.  We still have your shoes Sean.  Except this time, you will have to find those fellers.  They may or may not be in the lake.  Or the mountain side where the rattle snakes are.  Or they may or may not be where the scorpions live in the bbq shelves.  Or they may or may not be in the garage.  hmmm.  Just remember where and who your true friends are kid.  love you. always will love you two birdies.

 

More good news that landed on this Earth?  Oh.  Fatal has landed in Macy's. No big deal. Just 25 stores to start.  Watch out fishies.  Fatal is moving mountains.  Or shelves.  Or buildings.  Happy Tuesday lovies.  In a few more days my boy gets to pull into my parents driveway.  Talk about exciting.  I have already started my goodies boxes.  Watch out Mom and Dad.  All things love coming your way.  Boom. Now get back to work.  I must. 


No comments: