Wednesday, September 30, 2015

On Waiting.

Have you ever had a date you were planning for, and you like counted every step closer to the day like a welcomed rainy day.  You wake, you look at the calendar and you can't wait for the next one.  Because it's closer to the day you can't wait for. 

Except I am counting the days in the opposite affect. You know, like when you go out of town on a MUCH needed vacation and so you count on your hand all the nights you get to sleep there...
 I don't want Monday to arrive to check back in to Kaiser.  To watch him lay in that darn white bed, with all the beeping buttons, and that iv cart holding the fluid that will run through his veins. 

 
The highlights of course are getting the chance to see our favorite nurses again.  Like Sylvia and Paula. 
And the housekeepers that became my friend...and the food service folks who would deliver Kris' food and smile, some saying they will pray for him.  I'm sure the guidelines in life would prohibit them from doing so, but they did it anyway.  Always smiling at him with all his tattoos and a mama bird that stood by, thanking them as they confirmed his medical record and birth date. Sometimes just delivering one "Boost drink".

I don't want to get that nervous feeling in my tummy as they hook up the chemo. Or the jitters I know are bound to happen when my phone receives a text at night.  

I keep telling myself that "Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright"-   I really have this feeling....
Now if I could turn the creative freaked the f out brain off at night, we'd be in the money. 

It's climbing the mountain.  The what if's and all the bullshit that comes in between.  

So while he enjoys the ocean and the fresh air on this planet, I'm gonna try not to count down and look at my calendar as a scary thing. 

It's one step closer to the mountain we need to get over.  

Happy Humpday lovers.  Get ta' humpin...like at work. Or the gym. Or your lover.  Whatever floats your boat. 

This Warrior Mama Lisa
To my Dodger loving family and friends...HOW BAD ASS was your WIN!

No comments: