Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Boats and Banks.


Hey friends!

Last weekend Bill and I snuck away for a breather.  To our favorite lake nest home. 
It was just us. 
A place where we could hide in our favorite cove.
No one around, just us to float, laugh, cry and blast our Bad Company. 
When we left we knew we'd have a week in between treatments.
A time where we could pretend like life was maybe a tad bit normal.
It's all fun and games until 2am when I wake up and walk around in the dark with that same "what the fuck" feeling in my head.  I hate it. It happened there, just like it does at home. 
It doesn't go away.
But, I pray. And I ask for forgiveness for my dirty mouth.  And I ask for Mercy from our Holy God to please let my son move through this already hard life with at least a little bit of mercy on his soul.

He went fishing on Saturday.  To say his first text to me at sunrise was a true blessing is an understatement. 
I mean, it was so sweet to see the video of them idling out at sunrise. 
I'm sure for him, the smell of the water, the boat, the noise of his friends getting all the gear ready.
All of it. 
He needed it. 
A little slice of me was of course worried.  About his port.  About getting bumped around.
About the rest his body may need to fight the next round. All of it.

So the messages whirled around between our family.  Happiness. Smiles.

Yesterday I had to drive him to a Sperm Bank to do his biz. 
It's an awkward moment that must be handled.  In order to get through this next phase and 
have children some day, it was a must. 
Our silly ways made for some good laughter.  Especially on the freeway where we passed a plumbing company truck with a logo "Drain Fast"-

So his little birdies are being evaluated to see if things haven't been damaged thus far. 
They will be stored in West LA in an amazing company called Cyrobank-where they make dreams happen for many many people.  It's money well spent, lets put it that way.

Kris' next round of stronger chemo is next Monday.  Where he will check himself back in for about a week, maybe more.  Just depending on how he does with this round.
On our way home yesterday he pulled a few stubby hairs and said "look mama, it's finally falling out all over"
It made me want to poop. 
I hate it.

All of this. 

But one thing I know for sure. 
Cancer picked a fight with the wrong family.  This mama will fight like a mo-fo to get him through the next round.

Praying for a match.  And that call.

I do know that City Of Hope has our back.  And from the few calls we've received, I just know they are working behind the scenes.  For him. And for the world of cancer, and major illnesses.

Big love to you all.

Be good, and love hard.  Spread peace. This world needs it. 


This Mama Warrior Lisa

No comments: