Thursday, February 5, 2015

Things I believe in.

Over the last few months I have had many little epiphanies about aging.  About the way I look, or the tone in my hair.  How grey hairs lace my hair line. How the wrinkles continue to gather, and hang out around my lips. No matter how good the cream, they are there (thank you baby, you little cream buyer you).  How when I check my rear view mirror, sometimes my eyes look good, but then I look at my whole face and I see history. I see an aging Lisa. Keeping things honest, I sometimes cringe at my close up. LOL

It's often that I see women around my age, and some older that have had noticeable "work" done on their face. Don't get me wrong, what rocks their boat, hey rock on rocker.  I just don't see it.  I can't swallow how life can be handed to us to live, and work, and do, and raise kids, and trust in our gut, and rise early and sometimes toss and turn all night, and yet we still strive to erase all those years.

How it's so easy to get caught up in looks, versus just enjoying life.  Don't get me wrong, I want to look pretty. I want to walk into a room and make my lovers heart skip a beat. What I don't get is trying to erase the years.

Some friends of mine have had some age marks removed, and man does that look awesome. I peek back at my cheeks, and especially my neck line, and I think, "darn I should have used more sun-block"- (hey-lo Cindy Dutton who has flawless skin because of staying sun-blocked and covered, you hot mama you)-  But I move on.

We dine at various restaurants in HB, or Newport, and man, the look on some of these peoples faces seem to erase "LIFE"-  For a long time I would envy girls with a flat perfect stomach, and perfect filled boobies, and small nose, and perfect everything I admired.  Mysteriously the older I get, the more I see my life as a chapter book.  The lines on my face have watched amazing things. The laughter and smiles that created those lines. I've birthed two healthy babies, nursing one until she was almost one, working full time.  I have toted them around donating my time at various stages. Always keeping my kids my priority, meanwhile trying to live life, and stay pretty, if you will. 

I've stood in the mirror turning to the sides, to still see a pooch, or stretch marks that lace my tummy and legs. I hate them actually, but have learned to embrace the rest of my life here on Earth.
To see the many people that have erased a part of their expression and face saddens me a tad bit.
It's the way they see life.  Don't you just wish we could be happy, and wise, living on this Earth enjoying the company of those we surround ourselves with?  We fight the fight as it is daily with life.  Working, earning, spending, learning, laughing, crying, cheering, running, tossing and turning.  It's all part of it.

My history on my face shows me- Lisa.  For the path I have walked.  I've always told Bill that my only asset has been my hair (in my humble opinion, don't take it wrong).  I truly have never felt beautiful.  I try to give love, and be kind from the inside, because I think that makes me beautiful on the outside.  And trust me, these days have been hard to keep that spirit alive. But I do.  Like a robot. Even if I'm struggling on the inside, you will always hear a compliment, and love sprout from my lips.

I hope you listen to this actress, whom I will be honest at the Emmy's, I thought, shit, what a shitty look she has on her face.

Frances' thoughts on aging...

And then I realized, she's not out to impress anyone.  She has lived her life.  She's a mama.  She's cheered, and cried, and loved and lived. She's lived deliberately.  She's raised her son. She's walked through her path of chapters. She's laid wide awake at night worrying about her boy.  She's bathed him, fed him, worked hard for him.  Shed tears, loved, lost.  One step at a time.


To my beautiful friends, this includes guys.  Let's try and just live this life as beautiful as we can, okay?
Guys have their insecurities as well.  They look in the mirror and feel it.  I'm sure of this.  But if we can just look at aging as a gift.  As part of the plan.  As part of the chapters, and the pages. Pages and chapters that so many never have been given.  Some books closed so early.
I wish you all a beautiful Thursday.  I wish you small fine moments to embrace the path you have walked.
The small tiny lines that adorn your twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy year old face.
You've earned that pretty face.

Injecting, and pulling, and tugging only takes away you.

And YOU are beautiful.  



Go in peace today you little soldiers.


Keep on keeping on.  Don't look back, and smile in the mirror!

ps.  I will continue on my path of working out, and at least try to keep some what of a decent-everything-
I mean, with all these creams, I should be twenty something in no time- or at least when I look at that slice of my rear view mirror those little lines will seem to shrink.  jk. 


xo

Leese




No comments: