Thursday, March 21, 2013

When these days become a hardened reality.

While Bill and I were in Cabo I received a call from my cousin Mindi.  My Aunt Ronda (who was a second Mom to me growing up) lost her Dad.  It was fast, and tragic.  He was a good man.  A kind man.  A man of nurturing and loving ways.  He never had a rude or mean spirit.  She was his sweetheart, and his only daughter. Her heart weeps. I have no right words.  These days will be hard and numb for her.  For my uncle too.  If you read this Aunt Ronda, I'm sorry.  My heart weeps for you while you get through the most tender of days.  Planning, traveling, and saying goodbye is the craziest thing to imagine at this point.  I hope you find strength somewhere in your soul to put one foot in front of the other.

I hope little messages of meaning keep giving you the strength you need.

She sent me an email last night, and so many words she typed sunk deep into my soul.  A lot of guilt.  A whole lot of truth.  But mostly something I preach often.  Live for today.  Life is fast.

Words from my Aunt-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is short sweetie, enjoy it and let the ones you love know it!

Take the time to spend with your parents while you can, one day they wont be there anymore :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part of this makes me fill with guilt.  Because I don't travel to see my parents.  I am stubborn.  This is all very enlightening to me.  
 I do live for today.  I actually always have.  Great things have happened in this life of mine.  I believe because I deserve these good things.  I know that people have been put in my life because of this too.  People like my Aunt and Uncle. I tell them often. 

Aunt Ronda, Uncle Wade, Jason, Stacy, Blaze, Skyelynn, Mindi, Chris, Crue, Summer, Broc, Trev and Jaz, May you remember the sweet memories of Granddad.  He was a kind gentle soul.  An AMAZING woodworker.  A crafty feller.  Be there for your Mama and Papa.  They need you all more than anything right now.  

Safe travels Aunt Ronda and Uncle Wade.  One foot in front of the other.  One step at a time.  


Love you all, 

Peace. 

Leese

No comments: