Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A simple jog.

When I arrived home from work yesterday, I see The Girl.  In her same spot.  At the table.  Doing homework.  I had errands to run, and things to do.  She continued to sit there working.  When I returned I simply ask.  "Beep, will you go on a run with me"?  Her response "Mom I have practice".  I say, oh, yea I know.  But will you just ride the bike next to me? She says, yes.  Good deal.
And so we were off.   She was all mine.  All ears.  No phone.  No homework. No practice. Just ears.  And we talked. We laughed.  We went over our schedules, our weekends to come.  Life for her in Chapter 16.  A short 45 minutes, but so worth what we share.

This might mean very little to you.  But to me, it means a whole heckaof a lot.  Because these are the days....

Happy Toot my horn Tuesday.

The End.

Happy Mom.

No comments: