Sunday, March 3, 2013

When the sun shines....

You end your week working The Sadie's Dance.  And catch these cuties....
Gianni had quite the full day.  With an early rise, school all day, then a game, (side note: He hit a line drive and took a kid down, so much so, an ambulance came...hit to the chest is beyond scary..hope that little guy is ok...stressful for all ugh. ) He is also in the paper. #proudofyoubabyboy.  Gio has commitments on ASB, and so after his game he headed back to the school to set up for the dance.  When I got there and caught up with him, his eyes hollared..."I'm tired..."

So Kali got ready with her girls....the dance theme this year..."Around The World"...and so the Army received their salute.  Along with short shorts, and torn shirts. hmmm.

And here you have some Hawaiian fellers.  Sav and Chris.  Cuties.

And I'm thinking along the lines of India and Italy?
Saturday we wake to beautiful sunshine and warm temps along the coast......and so....
We decide to Keep Calm And Party On.



And live life hard. ha. 
The picture doesn't show to well, but families were out.  On the beach.  Enjoying life.  The moment.  The sunshine.  Families.


We soon landed in the middle of a school of these fellers.

Love birds.

Steve Wonder on the end.


I send my cousin Mindi this picture.  With the words "LB misses you guys".   She sends me....
This. My Dad.  With my little cousin Crue.  My Dad went up to visit them.  My response "You luckies!".  Looking at this through my little phone yesterday didn't do as much as this morning on my ipad.  Swoon.  I miss you Dad.  Congrats Crue on your win.  Uncle Mike loves kids, and will always wrap his loving ways around you guys.  Thanks for loving him back. 

And I received this.  Summer selling...what else....but GSC! Yum.  I placed my order with her, she shipped them right down to me.  Not that the whole display behind her wasn't built by her Daddy though or anything.  #bestdadoftheyearChris.  #creativeparentsrock. Summer you are beautiful little one.  Don't grow too fast.  
And while these pictures were swapped back and forth....the other little birdies were...
On their way to Thousand Steps.  Four girls.  Nice picnic's packed by their parents.  Yes, us Mom's rock. So does the beautiful fresh fruit that is coming into season. 

Didn't know what to think of this.  hmm. being silly, but.. I'm aboutsta snatch that thumb right off her hand- ha
Seagull you fly.  Great Bad Company song.

As we pull into the harbor, I reach down to put my hand on Bill's leg and hit a box in his pocket..wait what? ha. jk.  no seriously...I look at him, he smiles.  Then laughs.  Then he says "welllll there goes that surprise for later...ha". 

In that box, was a super cute bracelet.  White rock beads, and one glitsy one. 

He's always been the cute surpriser and romantic.  But lately...wow, he's had some good ones lately. 

The parking "sitch" at Yard House sucked.  And while we went in to grab a seat....which was over an hour wait.  We might have had to have one Lemon Drop and a brew.  While Randy floating around waiting for a spot.  Long story shortened.....we didn't eat at YH.  And Randy rocks for floating while we sipped.  #yourock
So we headed on over to the next harbor.  We'll catch the sunset in different water.  No prob.
Hakuna Matata.  Happy Birthday Carmen...."It's my birthday and I can do what I want to..."
The best skipper.

Long Beach.  Temps perfect.  Sailors out. 


And then you see this crappola.  Graffiti.  Disgusting, disgrace.  To locals, old and new.   This breaks our hearts. 

Moving on....to McKenna's on the Bay.  Where a cocktail and app will run ya to the tune of 500.00.  kidding, but that place is a joke.  What are they serving that Tuna Tartare on? Gold?  no thanks.  I did see lots of big lipped skin pulled tight, flawless skinned women.  Now..THAT'S entertaining.

Ok, last stop.  A cute wine bar.  Tucked away in the marina. 

And we will go back.  Just for their little treats they serve with wine.  It's the little things.  And this girl likes little things.  Well, not all little, but you know what I mean. ha.   omg.  hahahah!

It was a fab weekend.  My Friday ended with great memories checking in lots of HS kids, some old, some new.  Beautiful kids. Kind and respectful.  Those Griffins always make me proud.  I worked the check in table with my friend Rox and Maria.  We capture the moments before they will all soon end.....Saturday was everything we planned it to be.  Today I've cleaned like a cleaning fool. I've prepared a big meal (Stuffed Shells with Manicotti and fresh basil, a salad and bread for later....) for my family and the week.  I prepared my birthday cards for the week of sending.  I've had a nice chat with Kali.  I've watered my flowers, organized my world for another week.  Gonna take it on.  I will wake early as I do, and cherish every single bit left of Sunday.  I hope you do too. I hope Monday brings you all a great chance to do what you have to, or what you want to.  Make the best of it. Because even if we want to cover our heads up with the blanket at 6am, we can't.  Let's do this. Little soldiers, and worker bees let's do this.  Smile big when you think you can't.  So many have had these chances taken away, way too young. 

Now...I must go fold another load of laundry. yuck.

Oh, but wait, I have two beautifully working hands, and for that, I am lucky.


So long for now....tune in next time for more rambling from this rambler.

boom.

Bill, if you read this.  I love you.  I could not be more lucky.  Because of you.  And your boxes in your pockets. 

No comments: