Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's a good time to prepare.

Did you know I am completely terrified of Earthquakes?  Like, run out of the house and abandon my entire family, kids, pets, terrified.  I am a freak when the Earth moves.  Throughout the years I've planned with K & K on what to do when one hits. Or shakes, for this matter. My biggest fear isn't running outside and abandoning my kids.  It's more like being in another city from them while at work, with them/her in school and wondering..."how am I gonna get to her/them".  If a huge scary one strikes. And so, we've had a plan.  This plan is reminded very often.  We are ready. In our own strange silly way, we are ready.  We have a meeting spot.
Do you know where to meet?  What to do?  Who to call, and where to start? It's a very good idea to remind your family at least 3 times a year.  Discuss it.  Demonstrate what to do.  And not run outside and abandon your family, because you just might get hit by some electric lines too.
You should decide on how to contact each other. They've always discussed a long distant person to call outside of the state to allow the call to go through.  But with cell's now, I wonder if the lines would clog? Ha. Clog.  Funny word...anyway...
I think in California it's more of a common worry.  It still scares me to stand in an elevator just wondering if "the big one will hit".   The cautions to take around the house are pretty standard.  Securing all things heavy so little ones don't get hammered.  And of course all the things surrounding our beds. 

Most important, check on the appropriate valves to turn off.  Gas and water. 

I'm not here to make you worry more. Of course we all have enough on our plates.  Just want some of us to think about it.  What to do. It's not just Earthquakes these days.  There are many other disasters, and traumatic situations that need a discussion on "how to handle".  Think about it. Talk about it.

Prepare.

Plan.

Stay Informed.


And have fun while you're at it.

And never, ever litter.

Our dear Mother Earth thanks you.

Keep it shakin' in this life and have some fun!

No comments: