Monday, May 20, 2019

My Humble Opinion.

Well, howya doin kids?

Your weekend? 

Ours was peaceful, sweet and quiet. 
Friday I made dinner for our birdies-
A simple dinner for me to put together after another very full week. I will always flourish when I see Kris gobble gobble his meal down, and ask for seconds.  Even better, when he eats dessert.  Swoon.
Kali brought Mozy over, so it was a house filled with pups, kitty, kids and lots of love.
And laughter.  

I dozed off a happy mama, that's for sure.



I picked up Kali on Saturday morning to meet Kris at a Cactus Show at Bixby Knolls (Rancho Los Alamitos Ranch) 
Haven't been? 
Go.





They offer tours, and such delight to your eyes and soul. 

I promise.

Kris was there in full cactus mode.  That boy is engulfed in cactus and all botanical right now.
Cactus shirt on, dogs in wagon, his friend Stephanie, and camera in hand.
All I could see was one super happy dude.

= Happy Mama

Anyhoooooo, I hope your weekend was good --

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I drafted this post last week.  

Read with an open mind ---

CBD-THC-Mary-Jane.



Not just my humble opinion, but many others whom share the same belief in its herbal benefits.


I had a couple of texts' from friends/neighbor that are curious about edibles and just how much I've experienced. 

For those that might not be aware, I have been exposed to Marijuana my entire life.  

Fast forward through concerts, parties, etc.  I'd take a puff off a joint. Choke.  And then get super paranoid.  This has gone on my entire adult life. A reason I don't use it. 

Enter, edibles. 

Back when Kris was first diagnosed I was in a frantic state trying to find CBD, magic sauce, juju, potions and lotions to help my boy.  Not so much (although I hoped for) to cover western medicine, but more to help him with side effect of the treatment itself.  Something that I strongly encourage for those in chemo.  Those oils we bought helped. 1000%.  
So I had to find a doctor that would give me a prescription to buy it.  Found a place.  Bill and I drove there. Sat in a waiting room with 3 other professionals.  Wearing suits, and business attire.  They'd wait just like us to get a "medical checkup"-  

I was nervous, but mostly nervous for Bill whom had a look on his face like "what the fudge did we get ourselves into"  - Meanwhile I gave zeroshits because I just wanted to save my son. And if an oil, or tincture made from a plant would possibly help him.  Sign me up.  Like now.

He uses it every day since transplant.  He's always been extremely brutally honest with his doctors.  He always has.  Sometimes too honest.  That boy speaks from his heart, and while sick he blurted out some pretty funny things to them.  Lets just say they know him VERY well.  At times he'd lay into them about XYZ and I'd squirm in my chair, but be reminded by my sister that he deserves to speak his mind. 

The doctors agreed, and twice his first oncologist reached out to us to help other families in need.

I've attached this website for your research. 

Keep an open mind with it.  CBD and THC are two different components. Although derived from the same plant, they offer different feelings.  I've tried both. 

Do what is best for you.  Just don't be shallow in helping yourself or others that are in the fight.

Want good sleep?  Get THC edibles.  Start with a light dose and move around accordingly.

Worse case scenario, you'll have to hold onto a wall to go pee at 2am.
#trustme

We were told on several occasions to not mix supplemental vitamins (protein powders, essential oils, etc) while in treatment.  Simply because the meds he's on have been studied to work WITHOUT those elements.  However, they have NEVER doubted his use (oral) with those oils.  They do not like him smoking it simply because of the radiation he's already been exposed to. Along with his lungs and their capacity.

Go to your local Collective Store and check it out.  

Do your homework.






"Don't Blink"-  This picture taken the month our kids left for college.
To know all we'd endure in between then and now...

Incredible

Love you my friends...


This Mama Lisa



No comments: