Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Little Do We Know.

Took a dip back into the memory pool last night.  Old pictures. Memories of the days I managed to slide through.  Raising kiddos and enjoying the moments together as we could.
A firm reminder of just how quick the months flip on a calendar.

The moments someone probably whispered to me "enjoy them, it goes by fast"
But I was too busy working, driving, cooking, cleaning, planting, planning, teaching, learning, and living-

A rhythm of motherhood none of us plan out the way it actually rolls out. 

Our daily protective ways changing with the seasons.

Not knowing how life would unfold.

The changes a family would make.

What we would endure.

Incredible.

If only we knew.

Better yet, maybe it's good we didn't know.

Beyond grateful he is still here with us.


The strength of what a hug would entail years later. Not knowing just how deep a love would grow.  

My best friend for life.

Digging deep into trenches.

Through it all.


Still the silly, yet protective one in the house.  He has watched me evolve into a beast when in crisis.  Loving harder than I ever imagined could be possible. 
He'd stand next to me in silence as we both figured it all out.
Sometimes he would take my place next to a hospital bed because I cowardly couldn't handle a second more.
Strength.
And sometimes not.
Chapters.
Love.
Health.
Crisis.
Friendship.
Laughter and lots of tears.
Sleepless nights in prayer. 
Forever protecting my unit.
My nest.


My family.  My everything.  Through good times and bad.  


Before a head full of grey hair and when white sunglasses and eyebrows not penciled-in existed.

Little do we know just how fast the years would come and go....

Cheers to making more memories--

In a place that takes all the gloom away--

Forever and ever amen. 

Happy Wednesday!

Where's the sun?


This Mama Lisa

No comments: