Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Lisa And The Word Sleep.

This post should be called-Honesty At Forty Nine. 

Subject:  Sleep.


For as long as I can remember, deep into childhood, I cannot nap.  And for someone that cannot nap, it certainly makes for a rough day when I can't sleep the whole night through.  

I toss and turn from 2am on.  Most nights. 

And so I've taken the road most traveled and dabbled into sleep aids. Anywhere from Zyquil, to xanax. If I'm keeping it really real here, it's the xanax that helps me sleep the longest and best. 
But just like all things that feel good, they're bad for us. LOL.

Insert Edibles. 

The little gummy candies to be exact. 

They have helped me more this week than ever.

Even one night when I ate 3 vs 2 and could hardly open my eyes at 2am for a pee.  
That's a funny story for friends sitting around a fire, or sharing a glass of wine. 
Good stuff kids, good stuff.  

Last year Kris handed me a bag filled with these gummy things and I tossed them back like a hot potato. "I CAN'T EAT THOSE, I WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK"! 

Flash forward to the next year and I am trying anything I can to just sleep.

Sleep is rated in the top categories for health.  Eating well, getting enough rest and exercise. 

Easier said than done most days. 

Also, I've noticed when I don't sleep well, I tend to eat less healthy the following day.

(Favorite picture of me with Skippy-doodle)

Just a yucky cycle. 

THC Gummy Candies = Work.

Don't sling your hatorade at me if you are anti-edibles.  

I get it for those medical field workin', city official, law abiding employee.  
All praise to you.

If you can try it.  Trust me, it works. 

Start with small doses and work your way up.  Try it on the weekend to get accustomed.  

Trust me. 


Just have some coffee handy in the morning haha.  Little groggy sometimes, but it wears off in no time.

Cheers!

And then there's this link.



Trust me when I say, if THC or CBD or XYZ doesn't work for you, just do yo thang.  
I've read people do yoga, or meditate, or rub essentials allovertheplaceanditworkssogood.
But then I think those people are aliens because trust me here kids, when you suffer from insomnia, ain't nothin' workin - and if you say you've used essential oils to fall asleep you're just an untrustworthy human. kidding.  not really, but kinda.  

So get yo-self some good edibles.  Eat some an hour before bed. And slip off into slumber land. 

Some work, some don't. 

Give it a shot. 

You're welcome!  Happy Hump Day!  Just get your gummies on after the hump part. LOL!

Just kidding...  kinda 

sorry Kali and sorry Kris.  kinda

I'm not a doctor or yoga instructor, or banjo teacher but I can tell you from experience that this natural method does work.

Not every night, but I will continue on my roughest nights.

Stay tuned for more comical blogs on this topic.

I will admit one night I woke after consuming too much and had to hold each wall to the bathroom. 

So there's that. 

Careful in your new endeavor my friends.

Start minimal and work your way through.

And thank me later. 


K, bye.


This Mama Lisa


And one for the road--
My mom's brain tumor shows no trace.  

Left is this week, and right is prior to removal...

And all the hands go in the air!  

Boom!


No comments: