Saturday, December 5, 2015

Little Update

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call at 3pm. from our Transplant Coordinator- Donor needs 2 weeks delay.
A couple of things came to mind immediately when she began to explain.  Which both are beyond understandable.  He's either in college awaiting Winter Break (just like our littlest), and or really wanting to get through Christmas with family instead of the amazing feat of donating. Deep down last week I kind of wondered if this would happen.  I really feel that things happen for a reason. I always have.  As much as I have my entire month laid out, this was meant to be. 
What does this mean?  Instead of our check-in date of Dec 14, and new birthday of Dec 23, we will now check-in around Jan 3, with a new birthday of Jan 13.  I guess going from a Leo, to a Capricorn has it's benefits, right?
Joking kids, joking.
I believe Kris will always be a Leo. His spirit is unbreakable.

As I texted him just as we hung up he already knew.  Testing will still continue, and our big appointment with our transplant doctor will continue next Wednesday. We'll head to City Of Hope next week to meet, look, listen, touch and smell.  We'll search around for new answers, and support.
The tests that have been ran on him this week will be processed.  They will discuss maybe one more spinal biopsy to make sure his body hasn't let any bad guys back in. 

I've started the process of what my sister calls "nesting"- She couldn't be more right.  After she said that to me, it all made sense.  I have this crazy feeling to get his old room revamped, cleaned out, and sorted for his return home after transplant.  I've made arrangements for new furniture.  For a layout of little side tables, and the most comfortable rugs to ease his transition back to a new body.

And so as I write out this post....I have to exhale out.  To breathe out the date I've circled on not only my calendar, but a families calendar.

And that's okay.  Because you know what?   It's all meant to be.



Wishing you all a beautiful Saturday.  From the looks of things, and the chirps from the birdies outside my window it's gonna be an awesome day.  Another reason to stare out my window with gratitude. Another reason to keep smiling, and keep those positive vibes flowing around my home, and beyond. 

Love, Faith, and Hope will get us through.  And....Sunshine....crispy mornings, and sunshiny afternoons....
And straight non-frizzy hair. That too.

So many of my smiles begin with YOU-


Big Love,

This Warrior Mama Lisa

No comments: