Wednesday, December 16, 2015

And If I Could.

This morning I had some random crazy thoughts at 5am. I was alive. Realizing it was Wednesday.  It was cold.  I heard my coffee machine beep three times.  My kitties were lingering in the hallway waiting for me to slip and glide around them to the bowl.  Kali was in her bed. I have a few important things to take care of...today..MOST important is to head to the pharmacy to shake the building over Kris' Sprycel Chemo med that will keep him alive for the rest of his life and I dealt with not one, or two knuckleheads last night. BUT three.  And so today.....today....they meet----> Mama Lisa (Deb my normal tech manager is on vacation...and the pharmacy world melted)-PRAY FOR ME---
There are 9 days left for me to get my act together.  The heater hadn't kicked on.  My slippers had something in them. It was a sticker. My hair was wild.  Like Medusa in the ride at Disneyland. I started to wonder about work clothes, and warmness.  
Soon, I thought....what DO I want for Christmas.  The kids ask me every year.  This year I want my son healed.  I want a purifier for his room. Realizing these are things I just really need.  I want, but just need. 
Every year I find buying gifts as a scramble to please others.  After all, I just read a quote "The Manner Of Giving Is Worth More Than The Gift"-  

Tis' is true.  We all truly want to hand that perfect gift to our loved one.  Or good friend.  It's something we love to do. 

And then I saw this 
THIS......THIS right here kids was my most favorite gift to see on Christmas morning. The sound of those little wipper snappers making their way around, and most of the times flying off...so you had to let off that little trigger just enough...or the smell from the friction from I don't know what, but such a familiar smell to most of us. 

Then there was this one Christmas morning-

It looked so similar to this. It was purple.  
I ultimately was hit by a drunk driver on it.  With my friend Angie August 1980 (whom I wish I could find)-
We were very hurt...both sent off in an ambulance.  I only saw one picture of my bike after.  And it was not good. 

Then there was the time that our stockings were robbed by ANTS.  Ants in Westminster were brutal. Those little assholes would invade anything left out.  Stockings no exception. I remember crying so hard as my parents tried to come up with ideas to get them off the sticky 70's style candies.  At least our tangerines and walnuts-and many other nuts...were saved. 

And what about this-
I still have one.  I recently almost took it out to give it a shot.  Imagine this after a glass of wine. HA!


So it rings true.  You start to shop, and you see things you love.  But those things you love you can't really afford and so you sit it back on the rack.  Then Christmas comes and you're out trying to make magic for everyone.  Because giving feels good.  It feels good to watch someone smile as they see what you bought them.  At least you hope.  Because the 5/10 chance that shit will land at the next White Elephant gift exchange where people laugh at that gift you bought. Juussst kidding....kinda-

I hope to get my act together.  Like stat.  
I got home yesterday.  I was freezing.  Waiting for furniture deliverers, whom came in like storm troopers and kicked ass putting that bed up in 15 minutes flat.  I needed to dye my hair, but decided to curl up on my bed next to my littlest birdie.  Chatting about things that I need to talk about.  Under that cozy blanket.  Together. 

My reminder to her about enjoying the season.  The little things like that tree in our living room.  To enjoy good food.  That one day her Dad and I plan to get our worlds all together, and make this season a better one instead of the stale one I seem to make.  

 Maybe one day I'll have the time to be crafty and make table settings like this.  

Or catch something like this on the beach....

Whatever I do in this life, is to remind myself.  And to remind others to catch the memories.  Let them etch into our hearts.  Remember those going through tougher times than we are. Because long after we're gone our legacy left behind will be what we DID for someone else.  Not what was bought.  It's the home-made gifts that fill our tummies- It's the bottle of wine shared.  It's the hug when you want to cry and that friend knows.  And so she hugs you again.  It's those cards filled with a years full of good times captured in a camera. 

It's sunsets.  And sunrises. 

It's being together. 

Or how about--

“Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a
good example. To yourself, respect.” ~Oren Arnold

And maybe....that race track.  Just to rip around the corner and watch that car fly----

Happy Wednesday lovers....

Go spread peace, and pull out old sweaters and clothes.  Plenty of homeless you can hand one to this and next month...

Love, 

This Warrior Mama Lisa


No comments: