Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Joy And Peace

Our Christmas Eve was exactly what I had in mind, and just a tad bit more.  More love.  More hugs and smiles spread from family members to other family members.  And so I present to you cell phone pic mania....
 How about this sunshine-frowning pic....Happy Birthday Grandpa! We sure miss you playing with all the little ones.  And those beautiful hazel eyes of yours. 
 Cousins. 
 Aunties....
 Aunties and Uncle...
Grammie and her babies....Jio and Jace sure good to see you little sugars...

We managed to take a group photo in front of my Grandma's house.  With her. As Kris arranged a timer on his camera.  My heart so full as I watched him align it for us champagne drinking silly heads.  He never winced.  He just smiled, ran back to the group.  Smiled.  And did this a few times as we all cheered with pure joy that we were "able"- 
Able to be together.  Able to be a part of something just a little more special this year. 
We missed those family members that didn't make it.  We missed our little cousins and their parents.  We missed those hugs.  The holidays become a tad more hectic for all.  I tried to cherish each moment.  Especially at the one house that has held happy memories for me.  My Grandmas.
During the very first weeks of Kris' adventure....back in August, he began searching for a 70's Volkswagen bus.  As he searched and searched we kind of fretted about his impulse purchase.  A purchase that I knew deep down wasn't a bad idea, just more concerned that he was tainted by chemo, and trauma, and crisis.  Hoping this decision wasn't one we'd all be worried about later.  He pulled the trigger and bought it on August 30th-The beginning days we began to worry.  It was lost.  The truck broke down that was hauling it home.  Then it was in an accident.  For days I kept my muzzle on until I got ahold of the towing company and let loose in the parking lot of Kaiser, and again while Bill and I were out of town. Not the time to play hide-n-go-seek with a mother lion who was under distress. 

Long story longer, the bus arrived.  To my brother in laws house.  Where he also has a vw bus.  
It's been there ever since.  Kris doesn't have the money to fix it further, and so his uncle has been kind enough to work on it when he can.  On Christmas Eve, Kris asked that I follow him there, and to take a cruise around town looking at lights.  

The best idea all season.  My heart was so full.  Wayne had lights strung on the inside.  We loaded up. Smiles, and blankies.  And around town we rode....
Small funny glitch, was at one point it would only go from first gear to third.  And so....vrrrooooooooooommmm to vrummmmm.  LOL!  Stuff like that makes me laugh so hard I get tears.  And the ugly face.  LOL!!

All of my heart.  All of my life.
--A place for Kris,  Jen, and Bucksie this summer.....Cuddle, picnic fest 2016--  GOALS-and VICTORY
Christmas morning is becoming just a tad bit different as the kids have grown.  What went from all the tiny details at night, and waiting for them to fall asleep is down to texting Kris and Jen goodnight, and having Kali walk into our room to say "Good night you guys" because she knows I want to lay her final "Boom" gift out there and crawl into bed.  Bill and I used to sit out by the tree and open one gift from each other, while sipping wine and gazing into eachothers eyes.  jk. Not that far, but you know what I mean....haha.
Now, we're both holding our eyes open trying to stay awake.  HA.  
Kali woke at 7:30.  I could hear her feet making their way down the hallway and so I got up.  We both poured our coffee and waiting for Dad.  He'd wake up in shock that we didn't wake him.  If that man is asleep after 7, let that body sleep....same goes for me.
Before you know it she'd be opening her gifts, we'd be handing eachother our stockings and ornaments.  A small tradition we've held close to our hearts. 
His ornament to me, mine to him was a martini glass lol.(he makes the best martini's)  He's always been very creative and for the last ten years has added pictures to his.  Pretty sweet if you ask me.  
Last year he must have shopped without his glasses because the ornament said "Just Married"- I about spit my coffee out while opening- HAHAHAHA!
I made gifts this year.  Home-made and Home-grown. 
 My birdie, Bucks and Jen showed up as I made them breakfast and they opened their gifts....

My Dad sent him this fishing book weeks ago.  He finally had the chance to sit and browse it.  The funny part is my sister and I bought this book for my Dad years ago.  Now my boy is scrolling through...
I love it.  My Dad continued to ask about this book all Christmas Day.  It means alot to him. Kris too. 

The day after Christmas I decided a day date was in order for Bill and I.  After cruising by his Dads to make breakfast we'd head over to Terrenea in PV. It's a place that reminds me of Maui.  A fine place with fine wine and fine food.  Over priced but the view is stunning.  A place I had to snap pictures of my lover. 

 And with my lover.  Lately there are days where I stare at him and remind myself just how lucky I am to walk this shitty walk with someone that loves me whole.  Sometimes I take it for granted.  I guess we all do in life.  

Kali and Bill would get up at 5am on Sunday morning, both headed in the opposite directions.  He to Havasu to get our house ready for snow birdies, as Kali was headed to Tahoe with The Duttons. 

I would received pictures from both.  So cute how their plans for their Mondays were opposite.  
Kali was up high in the Sierra's tucked away at a beautiful pad with the view above.  While Bill was surprising me with these pictures.  He oiled my bench.  A bench I found in the trash years ago. 
What about those windows.....


Meanwhile I am here at work.  Yesterday's highlight was this salad at Pieology.  I am literally addicted to their Classic Salad custom made. I add just about every veggie with raspberry dressing.  I make myself a peach tea and hide in the corner.  Our bank is walking distance, so it's a win win. 

Last night I spoke with both kids. Both asking our plans for NYE.  This year will feel a little different.  I want to sit in the sand. With my love and my boy and Jen.  I want to stare off into the ocean and pray.  I want to have Kris write his Thank You's to his donor.  I want to eat together.  Yearn together.  Plan together.  And build each other up. 

I want to walk into the New Year with Hope.  With Grace.  With Strength. For him and for me.  For us. 

I want to have FAITH.  

Hope your Christmas was filled with everything you wanted....and if it wasn't...remember....someone always has this life way harder, and with way less.

Bless you all.  

Go in peace.  And keep things simple.  Love hard. 
Six more days-
 

This Warrior Mama Lisa


 ps.  As I was in the book store days before Christmas, I turned to find this girl wrapping for donations.
Irony?





No comments: