Monday, May 4, 2015

Zip In, Zip Out

Last week Kali texted me and said "Mom, I'll be home this weekend"-
My first reaction was "YAY!"

A day later as I stumbled over a crazy mess in her bedroom, I was like...whoa. 

It's funny how living in separate homes for almost 9 months, you become accustomed to your own ways.
How her light turns on automatically in her bathroom there, and or how her choice of food, and fridge filled with many different things versus at home. 
I don't shop as often as I used to, therefore when she arrived home, there was just a half gallon of milk and 3 eggs.  How the once filled fridge with yogurts, fruit, all yummy things are now gone-
It surely made for a different homecoming arrival.
How I nagged her the minute I walked into my bathroom because I spot two gross band-aids on the rim of the bath tub. ew.
How my shampoo is organic, and really she likes the other "better" brand.
How she couldn't remember what toothbrush was hers.  When my only request was "don't touch the pink one, that's mine"-
How her hair, along with mine now covered my white bathroom counter and floor.

We had good talks, and spent 3 good fun days together.  But whew, let's just say, it's gonna be an interesting Summer having her home for 3 months, that's for sure. 

We rocked the KROQ gig on Saturday, had "fight-night"(which was a lame sissy fight if you ask me) Saturday night, and just like that, she was gone Sunday morning. 

Here's a small window of the one day I did snap pictures...
The event was held at Santa Anita Race track. We were part of the VIP crew, so the vibe was very welcoming- I've never been to any sort of horse races, so here's my first rodeo.  
Kali's only response about being VIP was "mom the out-houses are super clean and actually smell decent"-
Ok. 




And her first rodeo- With apple juice. 




SEEDLESS performing...













I kept hearing about The Double D KROQ Princess.
#classy

Am I right? And I am the type of girl that will admire any beauty, any goodness.  But this? HOT mess. LOL!





Saturday was filled with us girls curling hair, applying make-up, blasting music, and driving down the road to Arcadia. Together.  My little sugar-snaps-

On the way home, as I had to jam to prep for our "fight night" gathering, the words rang dear to my ears-

"Mom/Auntie that was SO fun, and what an awesome day"-

Yes it was....yes it was-

She will be back for the summer soon, until then it's one solid week of nose to the books, papers to write, and a dorm to pack back up-

Happy Monday you little worker bee's.

Get after it, whatever you do, just stay focused.  And be nice.

Big Love,

Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE your outfit!!! So freakin' cute and colorful! My favorites!! & Kali & Tori look so cute to;)